Issue with umlaut in filenames (BinaryUploadPlugin/form)

Sven Herzog

May 21, 2014, 8:15:59 AM5/21/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

in our company we've updated our tiddlyweb instance from version 1.2.8 to 2.3.0.
We use the BinaryUploadPlugin in combination with the tiddlywebplugin.form (v. 0.12) to put Images to the store in the right bags. Since the update it is still working, but if the filename contains an german umlaut (ä,ö,ü) the name of the tiddler is not encoded correctly and saved with an uuid4 string. Displaying the newly uploaded image on the refresh also fails, but can be opened normally afterwards (by opening the tiddler with the corresponding uuid4 title).

We're running TiddlyWiki on an Apache 2.2 via the mod_wsgi module.

I hope you (maybe cdent or FND?) can help us with this annoying problem, as we're investigating this problem a few days already.

Sven.

chris...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 8:50:04 AM5/21/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 21 May 2014, Sven Herzog wrote:

> We use the BinaryUploadPlugin in combination with the tiddlywebplugin.form
> (v. 0.12) to put Images to the store in the right bags. Since the update it
> is still working, but if the filename contains an german umlaut (ä,ö,ü) the
> name of the tiddler is not encoded correctly and saved with an uuid4
> string. Displaying the newly uploaded image on the refresh also fails, but
> can be opened normally afterwards (by opening the tiddler with the
> corresponding uuid4 title).

I suspect this is a bug in the `post_tiddler_to_container` method. The
`get_name` method is raising a KeyError or IndexError for some reason
(causing the uuid handling to kick in).

I look into this later this evening. It should be relatively easy to
fix once I have a good test in place.

Just out of curiosity what is your company doing with TiddlyWeb and
TiddlyWiki?

--
Chris Dent http://burningchrome.com/
[...]

chris...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 6:54:57 PM5/21/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 21 May 2014, chris...@gmail.com wrote:

> I suspect this is a bug in the `post_tiddler_to_container` method. The
> `get_name` method is raising a KeyError or IndexError for some reason
> (causing the uuid handling to kick in).
>
> I look into this later this evening. It should be relatively easy to
> fix once I have a good test in place.

A new 0.12.1 release of tiddlywebplugins.form has been made. The
previous code was making bad assumptions about encoding of content
in multipart forms.

Please let me know if this doesn't fix it.

Sven Herzog

Jun 3, 2014, 3:09:46 AM6/3/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
Sry for the late reply.

Installing the new form plugin fixed the encoding problem.

Thanks a lot for helping us out with this.

Greetings from Germany

Sven.