TiddlyWeb At Home ... curious why not alternate approach

Scott Morse

Apr 28, 2014, 9:48:31 PM4/28/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
I am directed here from PMario's tweb site.  Since the Great Browser Tribulations I have wondered why the community didn't adopted a light-weight, open-source browser for use with TWC.  Of course that doesn't fulfill the current goals -- we're looking forward to TW5 beta and beyond.  But in the meantime I want to use my wiki on-a-stick.  That's difficult.

Yet there are dozens of browser apps that will let us do we want with the security "features".  As it is, we carry around a .JAR or .XPI file -- so keeping a non-install browser on my flash drive next to the TW documents doesn't seem like a hassle.  A dedicated browser app would let us skip the configuration steps.  I'd like to just get my friend started on TW, with less explaining and holding-of-breath while we see if it works.

Your thoughts?

Jeremy Ruston

Apr 29, 2014, 6:38:38 AM4/29/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott

 I have wondered why the community didn't adopted a light-weight, open-source browser for use with TWC

We do in fact have a custom desktop browser for TWC and TW5, called TiddlyDesktop:

I've not tried doing so, but there's nothing to stop you running TiddlyDesktop off a thumb drive.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com