tiddlywebplugins.wimporter

bek

May 2, 2014, 8:55:01 AM5/2/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I installed tiddlywebplugins.wimporter in my tiddlyweb installation and added the plugin to the system_plugins in tiddlywebconfig.py. To use it, I should call this form:
"A form hosted at {server_prefix}/import provides an interface for uploading a tiddlywiki by URL or file (from local disk)."
But I do not understand, what "{server_prefix}/import" means in this context. What do I have to do to get this form?

Thanks for help
beat

chris...@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 6:42:08 AM5/4/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2 May 2014, bek wrote:

> "A form hosted at {server_prefix}/import provides an interface for uploading a tiddlywiki by URL or file (from local disk)."
>
> But I do not understand, what "{server_prefix}/import" means in this
> context. What do I have to do to get this form?

It just means load "/import" from your tiddlyweb installation and
you'll be presented with an interface that allows you to input a URL
or file to import. So, if you're running the development server you
would load:

http://0.0.0.0:8080/import

However, wimporter is currently broken with modern TiddlyWeb. I'm
currently fixing it and will release a new version in a short while.

--
Chris Dent http://burningchrome.com/
[...]

chris...@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 6:59:34 AM5/4/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 4 May 2014, chris...@gmail.com wrote:

> However, wimporter is currently broken with modern TiddlyWeb. I'm
> currently fixing it and will release a new version in a short while.

0.10.0 has been released and should work with modern TiddlyWeb.

Note that when the form is loaded you need to provide a bag into which
the tiddlers will be stored. The idea being that you create links from
somewhere else into the import interface. For example to create an
interface to import into the bag called "foobar" use this URL:

http://0.0.0.0:8080/import?bag=foobar

Let me know if things are still not working.

bek

May 4, 2014, 5:20:39 PM5/4/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
I'm still getting the error: "404 Not Found: import not found, unable to get recipe import: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'store/recipes/import' ".
"still"= I got this error already when trying {server_host}/import as a possible interpretation of {server_prefix}/import,

beat

chris...@gmail.com

May 4, 2014, 5:33:17 PM5/4/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
Can you post the `system_plugins` section of your
tiddlywebconfig.py?

A couple of options on how to fix it:

* change the ordering of tiddlywebwiki and
tiddlywebplugins.wimporter in system_plugins
* set tiddlywebwiki.friendywiki to False

bek

May 5, 2014, 3:01:54 AM5/5/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
'system_plugins': ['tiddlywebwiki','tiddlywebplugins.form','tiddlywebplugins.differ','tiddlywebplugins.wimporter']

I will try the options you proposed. thanks.
beat

bek

May 5, 2014, 3:33:54 AM5/5/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
'system_plugins': ['tiddlywebplugins.wimporter','tiddlywebwiki','tiddlywebplugins.form','tiddlywebplugins.differ']

works!!! thanks
beat

chris...@gmail.com

May 5, 2014, 9:35:40 AM5/5/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 5 May 2014, bek wrote:

> 'system_plugins':
> ['tiddlywebplugins.wimporter','tiddlywebwiki','tiddlywebplugins.form','tiddlywebplugins.differ']
>
> works!!! thanks

The reason this makes a difference is because each plugin adds
"routes" to the URI dispatcher (called selector), in order, and routes
are tested for matches in order as well. Modern tiddlywebwiki by
default adds a route for `/{anything}` which will look for a recipe of
that name. Prior to your change that route was winning and the code
was trying to load a recipe named import.