The TiDB 3.0 GA version is released!

TiDB user group

Jul 2, 2019, 10:44:05 PM7/2/19
to TiDB user group

Here I present you TiDB 3.0 GA which delivers stability at scale and performance boost! Check out the announcement [HERE].

In this strongest TiDB version yet, TiDB delivers stability at a massive scale and performance boost. Some highlights in this release:

  • Stability at a massive scale:
    • several hundreds of production users from all kinds of industries who have battle-tested TiDB with a multitude of real-world scenarios
    • real-world cluster with 300 TBs of data and 150+ physical nodes
  • Significant performance improvements in Sysbench and TPC-C benchmarks.
  • Evolving to HTAP by adding a columnar store, the TiFlash extension
  • Inspired by WiscKey, Titan, a RocksDB plugin to reduce write amplification, is added for scenarios with value sizes greater than 1 KB, relieves write amplification in RocksDB, and decreases the disk I/O usage, see the Engineering blog for its design and implementation.

For a full list of new features and improvements, I strongly encourage you to check out the TiDB 3.0 GA release notes

You can also join us in our community Slack Channel: https://pingcap.com/tidbslack/