最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Dan Robertson

未読、
2022/10/13 19:57:342022/10/13
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have greatly enjoyed learning how to tie flies and build leaders. It not only has been a great hobby, but it has taught me a thing or two and certainly has helped me feel more confident when on the water (this confidence I speak of is almost certainly misplaced). After chatting with another fly fisherman on a local stream, I've become interested in repairing a old rod or building a rod from blanks. Do folks here have tips or advice for someone interested in learning a bit about rod repair/building? Repairing a old rod sounds particularly interesting, but I'm a newbie, so I'm unsure if repair is the best place to start.

Prior Art:

Cheers,

 - Dan

namfos

未読、
2022/10/18 16:13:492022/10/18
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Dan:

Info sources:
By L.A. Garcia: Graphite Rod Repair, Handcrafting a Graphite Fly Rod
By Skip Morris: The Custom Graphite Fly Rod
By Ryan Seiders & Dan Smith of Flex-Coat: Start to Finish Fly Rod Building

for supplies, components, blanks, etc.: mudhole.com and anglersworkshop.com and many others

Mark

Dan Robertson

未読、
2022/10/21 7:33:452022/10/21
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks so much for everyone who responded to me directly and through the group! Hook and Hackle has a pretty great sale on blanks and building supplies at the moment, so I bought the necessary supplies there. I plan to follow some combination of the video tutorials from Mud Hole, Hook and Hackle, and Proof fly fishing. I really appreciate the tips!

Cheers,

 - Dan
全員に返信
投稿者に返信