Casting Church, 10 Oct 2021

Regan Burmeister

Oct 5, 2021, 7:55:12 PM10/5/21
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
We will have our casting get together on Sunday, 10 Oct at Fletcher's Cove from 8am to 11am.

We will help anyone with any particular casting issues.  Bring your questions. We will have some extra gear, no need to buy anything.  If you are curious about flyfishing/flycasting and are wanting to see what it is about, come on by.

We will have a casting station for those who want to begin to pursue the FFI Casting Challenges program (see FFI website). This is a fun and low-key way to improve skills and get recognized by FFI and your peers for your achievements. It is a good way to also set the stage for eventual pursuit of Casting Instructor (CI) certification, if you are interested in that pursuit.

Come on out, whether you are a novice, intermediate, or advanced caster, it is all fun to work on solving casting problems and casting challenges.
If you are just getting started, this is a great way to meet people who can help.  There will be casting instructors on hand.
If you are preparing for an upcoming trip and looking to re-fresh your casting skills, this is a great opportunity.

Regan

Owen Williams

Oct 15, 2021, 8:41:30 AM10/15/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Great to see some new casters out there last Sunday figuring things out. Many thanks to Regan for taking us to the water for single-hand roll casting practice.

And a shout-out to Alberto, who borrowed my rod for a few casts and told me my line felt a little light. I've gone down a rod weight this week, and he was definitely on to something!

Best,
Owen