first snakehead encounter

brad dreisbach

Jul 30, 2021, 3:14:52 PM7/30/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
i was fishing burke lake this morning and hooked up to my first snakehead(dahlberg skipper frog). i ended up breaking the leader when it got into some heavy weeds so didnt land it. im now wondering if its frowned upon to sight fish/target snakeheads with its fry ball.

Luke Morrison

Jul 30, 2021, 9:47:00 PM7/30/21
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Snakeheads are invasive. People harvest them by the dozens and shoot them with crossbows. As long as it’s sporting there aren’t many ethical standards involved with targeting snakehead (in my opinion).

Sent from my iPhone

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Doug Graebner

Jul 30, 2021, 9:53:23 PM7/30/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Decent eating too-taste a bit like tilapia or corvino imo. This recipe might be worth your time (a bit complicated but fried fish soup seems cool and most of these ingredients are workable to get or substitutable I think?)

Doug Graebner

Jul 30, 2021, 9:53:36 PM7/30/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders