Potomac River Smallmouth Club Meeting for October, John Odenkirk VDFW

HermanyorFlorida

Oct 20, 2022, 10:19:36 AM10/20/22
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Hello Everyone,

Potomac River Smallmouth Club Meeting for October is Wednesday next week, October 26th.  Due to our usual meeting space being used for early voting, this will be a Zoom only meeting.  Please contact me if you’re interested in attending but are not currently a club member.  The stream opens to attendees at 7PM, but the actual meeting starts at 7:30PM.

Our speaker this month is John Odenkirk, regional fisheries biologist for the Virginia Department of Fish and Wildlife.  He'll be speaking on the introduction of Alabama Bass into Virginia and touch on the spread of flathead catfish in the upper (smallmouth friendly) parts of rivers across the Commonwealth and our "beloved" and rather tasty Northern Snakehead.  John has done a lot of research into snakeheads in our area and should be able to answer your questions on those fish.

Herman