Holmes Run Dead Body

Rob Snowhite

May 21, 2014, 5:16:50 PM5/21/14
to tidal potomac
Ok, I thought the Santaria was bad enough, read this:

FBI searching for evidence in local park

The trail leading to the investigation site. Further access is blocked.

UPDATE: According to sources near the site, construction workers on the sewer project at Holmes Run Valley Stream Park found a body buried four feet deep. Fingerprints led to a man in custody who told police another body is buried there, too. The crime appears to be gang related. The FBI is closely guarding the site and not letting anyone get close nor providing details. The investigation is still going on, as of May 21.

People living near Lillian Carey Park in the Mason District might have been disturbed by a large number of FBI agents in the area this weekend.

Neither the Fairfax County Police Department nor the FBI are giving details about what is going on. “Our agency is assisting the FBI with an ongoing investigation and evidence recovery,” said police spokesperson Lucy Caldwell. “There is no threat to public safety.”

Lillian Carey Park is adjacent to the Holmes Run Valley Stream Park. It's close to Columbia Park and is  across the street from the Lake Barcroft dam.

Caldwell declined to confirm rumors that the activity under investigation is gang related, but did say rumors about the discovery of a body in the park are not true.

FBI spokesperson Lindsay Godwin said there was no specific criminal incident this weekend and that the FBI was at the park to

Rob Snowhite

Matt S.

May 23, 2014, 1:59:41 AM5/23/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Good grief. Only have fished there a couple times, several years back. Hardly a super fishery but I still thought it was kinda neat. Now I dunno. If he does a future edition of his VA book Beau Beasley will need to add a few lines of local color in his chapter on the place. "An Island of nature in a sea of overdeveloped suburban blight, Holmes Run is regularly surveilled nowadays by undercover task forces. Anglers enjoying a day fishing for Holmes Run's stunted bluegills and rarely restocked trout can watch raptors, foxes, and eight species of butterflies, while traversing an eclectic obstacle course of syringes, a sewer project, spandex clad yuppies, bait-fishing poachers--and even occasional rotting corpses. Proximity, serene natural beauty, and a whiff of adventure ensure Holmes Run easily rates an 8."