Join our Launch: 🇰🇪 Kenya Byte Bullies Report.

Irene Mwendwa

May 16, 2023, 2:28:27 AM5/16/23
to TICTeC

Dear Partner,

This 2022 Kenya General Election saw an increase in women candidates and elected officials. This momentous increase was made possible by the efforts of​ women politicians and the use of other powerful tools, such as ICTs.  In Nakuru County alone, out of 11 constituencies, 4 have women Members of Parliament​. In addition, both the current Governor and Senator are women.

Since its inception, Pollicy has embarked on creating an ideal internet for all. The 2022 Kenya General Election posed a challenge to the internet design and community. Why? Together with partners, we embarked on understanding how Kenyan women politicians use the internet to reinforce their political campaigns.

As we commemorate  World Telecommunication Day 2023, please join us, women politicians, technologists, data-enthusiasts, civil society and academics to discuss the impact of online violence during the Kenya 2022 General Election Study Launch in collaboration with the National Democratic Institute (NDI).

We are delighted to invite you to the launch of BYTE BULLIES: A Report on Online Violence Against Women in Politics in the 2022 Kenya General Election.

Event Details:

Date: Thursday, May 18th, 2023

Time: 3:00 pm - 4:30p m EAT

Location: Zoom (virtual)

During this exceptional occasion, you will have the opportunity to delve into the report's findings, gain insights from esteemed experts, and engage in profound discussions. Together, we will illuminate the urgent imperative for change and strive towards establishing a political landscape that is safe, equitable, and supportive of women.

To secure your place at this momentous launch, kindly register here.

We eagerly anticipate your esteemed presence and the invaluable contributions you will bring to this vital conversation. Let us collectively expose the stark reality of online violence against women in Kenyan politics and advocate for a society where every voice is heard.

Thank you for your steadfast partnership and unwavering commitment to addressing critical issues.

​Best Regards,

​Irene Mwendwa, on behalf of​

​Pollicy Team​