TinyXML++ yields multiple linker errors

NordCoder

Mar 22, 2011, 5:56:43 AM3/22/11
to TinyXML++
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to compile TinyXML++ with my project and use it to read/
write a configuration file. I have gotten it to work with a test
project, but it simply refuses to compile with this one even though I
am doing the same thing and trying other ways.

I am using MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition. The project is a C++
game with SDL/OpenGL.

Additional Dependencies: SDL.lib SDLmain.lib SDL_image.lib
SDL_mixer.lib ticppd.lib opengl32.lib glu32.lib
C/C++ -> General: <path to ticpp folder>
C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library: I've tried every option

I do the following in the appropriate code file:
#define TIXML_USE_TICPP
#include <ticpp.h>

Not matter which runtime I use, my compiler complains about a bunch of
unresolved external symbols. Some complain about std::basic_* and STL
stuff being already defined in ticppd.lib and some compain about
'msvcprtd.lib' , 'MSVCRTD.lib' and 'LIBCMTD.lib' depending on which
runtime library I use...I know I need to use the same runtime as
ticpp, but I've tried them all so I really have no idea how to solve
this :(

I'll gladly post my code and the error-messages if necessary but there
are 85 errors in some cases so I did not want to post
immediately...Thank in advance for any help! :)