92 Plus and a Voyager 200 question

Daniel Yoder

Sep 22, 2015, 8:43:30 PM9/22/15
to ticalc.org-general
Hi All,
If you owned both of these calculators would it do any good to own two silver links. Can you use TI Connect and put both USB's in the computer and transfer files or can you just use the unit to unit transfer cable. I have a graph link that i bought on Ebay and the guy will not ship or respond, I am thinking of buying a second one and might end up with two.
Thanks Dan

Lionel Debroux

Sep 23, 2015, 1:38:29 AM9/23/15
to ticalcor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> If you owned both of these calculators would it do any good to own
> two silver links.
Well, certainly some good... but AFAICT, very few people have more than
one SilverLink, because these cables are relatively expensive (when
bought brand-new, at least), and the use case for more than one cable is
limited :)

> Can you use TI Connect and put both USB's in the computer and
> transfer files or can you just use the unit to unit transfer cable.
I'm not sure, I don't remember ever using TI-Connect with two SilverLink
cables simultaneously.
FWIW, TI-Connect CE handles more than one calculator simultaneously, but
it does not handle the TI-68k series (except for partial support of the
89T through direct USB: that uses some of the same commands as the 84+
DUSB family).

You can of course transfer files from one calculator to the computer,
then transfer from the computer to the other calculator. As a side
effect, this creates a computer-side backup, which is always desirable.

Bye,
Lionel.

Daniel Yoder

Sep 28, 2015, 6:50:27 PM9/28/15
to ticalcor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lionel,
I just got a 89 cradle and a TI keyboard. The cradle has a stereo pin in the center bottom but the 83,84 and 89 does not, what's up with this design?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131600695061?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121715429428?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT