Ti-84+ Silver Repair

Christopher Howard

Nov 1, 2021, 5:46:36 PM11/1/21
to ticalcor...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I found a Ti-84+ Silver at a second-hand store, but it doesn't
power on. (Or, at least, the display won't come on.) I replaced the AAA
batteries, but that didn't work, so I was going to take it apart to see
what board-level troubleshooting I could do. (I haven't yet tried
replacing the backup battery, but was planning to do that.) I was
wondering if anybody had any general tips on what usually goes bad in
these calculators.

--
Christopher Howard
Gemini capsule: gemini://gem.librehacker.com

eee...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 5:53:54 PM11/1/21
to ticalcor...@googlegroups.com
Something to look at would be the LCD ribbon cable: https://www.cemetech.net/news/2010/10/418/_/on-the-repair-of-ti-83-lcds

Eric Shotwell

Nov 1, 2021, 6:15:19 PM11/1/21
to ticalcor...@googlegroups.com, Christopher Howard
If you're not getting anything on the display at all, it could be as simple as the contrast being all the way up. Try to use the button controls to darken the contrast, and see if that works.

Eric