Heating the Honey

Tibb-e-Nabawi course

Oct 8, 2024, 3:19:37 PMOct 8
to tibb-e...@googlegroups.com
There will be some among you who will not be convinced to heat the Honey, the choice is yours, you can make the sweets with white sugar or brown sugar; or you can avoid sugars at all.
Heating the Honey may result in losing some of the phyto-nutrients, vitamins, etc. but the same loss of nutrition happens when you cook the vegetables.

After heating it, still Honey would be a better sweetener than sugar; because Shifa in Honey is guaranteed, in addition, our old doctors never denied heating the Honey, rather some of their foods / formulations were made by heating the Honey, the biggest example is Quince Jam cooked in Honey, recommended by Ibn Al-Qayyam.

For kidney pain medicine, we sent a Hadith from Al-Mustadrak which is adding Honey to boiling water & drinking it, no details further were mentioned in Hadith (like boiled water should be cooled down before adding Honey, etc.), so let me heat the Honey, & you do whatever your knowledge tells you.