msp430: could not initialize device interface (1)

Old_Man_Start_Learning_430

Feb 21, 2014, 2:47:26 AM2/21/14
to ti-lau...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I intend to start mps430 launchpad with mspgcc and eclipse. I followed the instruction from this link:

and i got the above error message when I try to test msp430-gdbproxy. Here is the error message in details:

debug: MSP430_Initialize()
error:  msp430: could not initialize device interface(1)

I tried to install in 2 OS. One is with win 7 - 64 bits. Another is with winXP 32 bits. Both of them show the same above error.

I also installed IAR kickstarted verion on both OS (win7 and winXP). It works properly ( I can download and debug the code).

Anyone can help?

Old_man