I am using MSP430G2553. I have msp430cc installed. Can I use this board with MacOS.

vghor...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 10:21:10 AM11/28/18
to TI Launchpad
Hey guys,

Long story short, I am in a bit of a pickle.  I need to make my microcontroller work with my MacOS, and I have a MSP-EXP430G2 board.  I really don't have access to Windows computers (Please don't ask.), and I created a VM that utilizes Microsoft.  However, I need my MacOS system to recognize the MSP430 board, and my board is not being recognized.  I installed msp430cc on my laptop, and I am going through the tutorials for other boards because I do not see a tutorial taking me through how to use a MSP430EXP430G2 board with a MacOS, and I still can't have it recognized.  Can I make it be recognized?  Thank you.

      Veena

vghor...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 10:22:52 AM11/28/18
to TI Launchpad
I realized how bad my post was.  The error I am seeing on Code Composer in both the VM and the normal MacOS is that "MSP430: Error initializing emulator: No USB FET was found".
Message has been deleted

vghor...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 9:06:21 PM11/28/18
to TI Launchpad
Resolved.  Using Windows instead of downgrading Mojave to High Sierra.

T_Shirt

Nov 28, 2018, 9:47:10 PM11/28/18
to TI Launchpad
Been there done that.
I have programmed from a mac.  I used Virtual box and windows XP.  It can be done.
The catch is getting your VM software to capture the USB device to pass it through to the guest windows OS.

This is close to what you need

for more details, this looks like what i found years ago

vghor...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 9:48:56 PM11/28/18
to TI Launchpad
Thanks T-Shirt. :)