Microbit Communication

Jody Crothers

Nov 26, 2023, 4:27:15 AM11/26/23
to TI-Innovator
Hi All,
I can send data from one microbit to another
Can I send from one microbit to multiple others?

Jody Crothers

Head of Learning Area (Mathematics)

Ridge View Secondary College

Western Australia

www.jodstar.com

Stacy Thibodeaux

Nov 26, 2023, 8:05:47 AM11/26/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com
 I’m pretty sure you can if they are all on the same channel.  When you set up the radio feature there is a channel function.
I would start there. The microbit website has an activity called duck duck goose. It may have an explanation.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any receipt and/or response to this email may be considered a PUBLIC RECORD. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.
Message has been deleted

Jean-Louis Balas

Nov 26, 2023, 12:02:28 PM11/26/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Good morning,
I am a French teacher and I recently carried out training for young teachers which implemented the radio transmission of data with micro:bit cards.
This experiment involves measuring illuminance as a function of distance. A shield and a ranger sensor are required.
Attached you will find 3 slides from my presentation as well as the script.
The mes(n) function allows you to carry out n measurements. It must be executed as soon as the machines receiving the data have launched the recept() function.
The data is then exported into lists.
For sorting the data, I did it using a loop. Using slices for lists is more convenient, but less understandable for beginners.
It works very well

Take a good care

JL Balas

--
light_BBC.pptx
LUXRAD2.py

kh7...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2023, 3:05:57 PM11/26/23
to TI-Innovator for Education
(Tried posting this before and am not sure why it ended up being deleted??)

Hello Jody,
A few months ago, John H. and Peter Fox shared some files with a few of us - see attached - which both make use of several micro:bits at the same time. I was quite successful running the virus simulation with my students.
I'm not sure if they were ever shared with a larger audience. I also don't know whether either one of them ever developed newer versions. Peter, John, did you??

Karlheinz

virus_client_1.1.tns
encrypt6.tns
virus_host_1.1.tns
Turing6.tns

Sébastien Verspecht

Nov 26, 2023, 3:08:11 PM11/26/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This can be interesting for you: https://makecode.microbit.org/projects/fireflies

Regards,

Sébastien Verspecht

Le 26 nov. 2023 à 21:06, kh7...@gmail.com <kh7...@gmail.com> a écrit :

<virus_client_1.1.tns>
<encrypt6.tns>
<virus_host_1.1.tns>
<Turing6.tns>

Jody Crothers

Nov 26, 2023, 3:18:59 PM11/26/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Karkheinz
I'm seeing the virus in operation today.
I'm thinking a group drone launch controlled by one handheld

Jody

Sent from my Galaxy