music assistance

Stacy Thibodeaux

Sep 1, 2023, 8:33:16 AM9/1/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com
Looking for help!
Music is not my strength!
I am having my students create a jukebox that will play songs(sounds through hub).  I would like to use lists that have the notes and/or  frequencies and times to have the students select from.

If anyone has any songs that are already in lists, and would be willing to share, that would be great!

Thank you in advance.

--
"There is no greater education than one that is self-driven."
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any receipt and/or response to this email may be considered a PUBLIC RECORD. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.

kh7...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2023, 2:18:27 PM9/1/23
to TI-Innovator for Education
Stacy,
Attached is a file from an activity Brad, Ellen and I had put in a shared folder we never got to share - for T3IC 2020.  It is an example of TI-Basic code that draws the notes and duration etc. from an L&S page. I used that activity with my STEM classes several times.

Note the two simple lines of code that let you switch between playing the sound through the Hub's speaker or, alternately, through an external speaker (for those with the right cable :-)

I will also send you a link to the entire folder. You can look around and see if there's any other info you an use.

And I am sure John H. has a Python program that does that exact thing as well.

Karlheinz
Song contest code.docx

John Hanna

Sep 1, 2023, 9:16:02 PM9/1/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com

Attached is a karaoke music program with graphics. Works with/without hub and with an external speaker attached to hub.

There are three songs in it but two are still copyrighted.

Regards,

     John

Frosty.tns

MacKay, Stephanie

Sep 11, 2023, 10:45:25 PM9/11/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com
Hello TI friends,

I'm looking for an activity involving slope that we can do with Rover in about an hour long class. This would need to be geared toward beginner coders in Python. The learning objectives include understanding slope as rise/run and as a rate of change. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Stephanie

Brown, Curtis

Sep 12, 2023, 9:46:07 AM9/12/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com

One idea might be the TI activity “Drive the line” on the math in motion page. There are both TI basic and python versions available. Its effectively the “Match the Graph” activity folks do with CBR2, but with Rover instead. The introductory couple challenges definitely get at rate of change and slope. Then you could adapt, and change the challenges up so they drive different rates. Keep in mind the speed limitations of Rover, 0.14 m/s to 0.23 m/s. Challenges 3-6 probably don’t apply as well to pure rate of change discussion. There is also just interpreting graphs in those challenges. Anyway, it’s a thought.

Here is the link: https://education.ti.com/en/activities/innovator/math . It’s the 3rd activity down the page.

CB

John Hanna

Sep 12, 2023, 11:17:00 AM9/12/23
to ti-inn...@googlegroups.com

One suggestion:

Set the speed of Rover. (See Curtis’ speed limitations)

Drive 1m (or more) and time it.

Calculate distance/time (slope!) and compare to set speed.

Another:

Determine the speed needed to travel a set distance in a set time.

There’s also an elapsed time function in the Rover menu:

Regards,

     John