USB RF ACCESS POINT

Elegido03

Jul 17, 2014, 2:41:30 PM7/17/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I have a question, Can I use the RF ACCESS PORT for control something but without PC connection, I mean, can I program the access point for use with power supply external?, if there some example please advise.

thanks so much.

Jonas Kivaras

Jul 23, 2014, 5:24:19 AM7/23/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Generally speaking, eZ430 Chronos could connect to USB RF access point (provided with a watch) or with some standalone boards listed in Chronos wiki section "Compatible RF Development Boards".

USB RF access point requires PC or USB host (some MCU that can provide USB host functionality). If you get this host (PC or MCU) working, access point is a serial port from software side - very easy to embed in PC or MCU program.
Other RF points can be used standalone without a PC. These boards requires more MCU programming, but should have examples suited for Chronos.

Solution depends on your application. It would be helpful to know what are your goals with the Chronos and RF communication.