USB RF-AP command to id acceleration sensor

已查看 62 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Fernando Ginez da Silva

未读,
2016年1月17日 09:42:092016/1/17
收件人 ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Happy new year! How are u doing?

Unfortunatelly, i'm taking some days at home, and  i'm without my hardware here to quickly test some ideas, and i need to answer a question: we are working on a project using movement pattern recognition, and we have different chronos-430Mhz models, and consequently, we have VTI CMA3000 and BOSCH BMA250 accelerometers.

In your experience, is there any command, such as a model type, serial number range, "anything" id.... which can help to differentiate between those models?

Well, why do I need to do this? It's because, axis orientation and polarity is diferent between then, and I need to automatically correct them before reporting it to upper software layer...

Thank you guys, and happy codding and  hardware designing this year!!!!
Fernando Ginez da Silva

Aljaž Srebrnič

未读,
2016年1月21日 18:04:262016/1/21
收件人 Fernando Ginez da Silva、ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
On 17 gennaio 2016 at 15:42:10, Fernando Ginez da Silva (fgi...@gmail.com) wrote:
Hi guys,

Happy new year! How are u doing?

Unfortunatelly, i'm taking some days at home, and  i'm without my hardware here to quickly test some ideas, and i need to answer a question: we are working on a project using movement pattern recognition, and we have different chronos-430Mhz models, and consequently, we have VTI CMA3000 and BOSCH BMA250 accelerometers.

In your experience, is there any command, such as a model type, serial number range, "anything" id.... which can help to differentiate between those models?

Well, you could read the register 0x00 (which should have a default value of 0x03 for the BMA250, but other data for the CMA3000), or you could try to read the register 0x01 which is reserved for the BMA250 (and the read should return an error), but for the CMA3000 it should contain the major and minor revision numbers of the chip (see data sheet)

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey