Errror when compiling ez430 2.0 with IAR 5.20

Ismael Salvador

Jul 3, 2011, 2:11:13 PM7/3/11
to TI Chronos Development
Hi all, I get the following error when I try to compile the 868 Mhz
version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ez430chronos (v2.0) and
using the IAR Restricted (5.20)

Error[e24]: Segment DATA16_AN (seg part no 1, symbol "TA0CCTL2" in
module "stopwatch", address [346-347]) overlaps segment DATA16_AN
(seg
part no 4, symbol "_A_TA0CCTL2_L" in module "timer", address
[346-347])

I have tried to change the optimisation level but nothing changes.

Does anybody know what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Jul 3, 2011, 9:58:59 PM7/3/11
to TI Chronos Development
Hi Ismael,

I know what happened. The code from sourceforge uses an old library
for simpliciti and for bluerobin.

Try the following:
*Download and install the "eZ430-Chronos Software Package (Rev. B)"
available at http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/ez430-chronos.html?DCMP=Chronos&HQS=Other+OT+chronos
*In the install folder, find the library files for simpliciti and for
bluerobin.
*Copy and paste in your project, overwriting the existing file,

That should solve this problem.

Regards,
Patrick

On Jul 3, 3:11 pm, Ismael Salvador <ismael.salva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I get the following error when I try to compile the 868 Mhz
> version fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/ez430chronos(v2.0) and

Martin Demin

Jul 4, 2011, 3:57:03 AM7/4/11
to TI Chronos Development

On Jul 3, 8:11 pm, Ismael Salvador <ismael.salva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I get the following error when I try to compile the 868 Mhz
> version fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/ez430chronos(v2.0) and
> using the IAR Restricted (5.20)
>
> Error[e24]: Segment DATA16_AN (seg part no 1, symbol "TA0CCTL2" in
> module "stopwatch", address [346-347])  overlaps segment DATA16_AN
> (seg
> part no 4, symbol "_A_TA0CCTL2_L" in module "timer", address
> [346-347])
>
> I have tried to change the optimisation level but nothing changes.
>
> Does anybody know what's going wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.
also check:
http://www.embeddedrelated.com/groups/msp430/show/30530.php

Ismael Salvador

Jul 14, 2011, 5:37:08 AM7/14/11
to TI Chronos Development
Thank you guys.
The next problem was that I could not build these intel hex files
because IAR Kickstart cannot do it, :-(

Then, I switched to Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) and I installed msp430
packages from Ubuntu 11.10.
With some small changes in the project I was able to compile
OpenChronos sources, :-D

See you!

Francisco Hernandez

Aug 11, 2011, 1:53:15 AM8/11/11
to TI Chronos Development
The problem is the output format to solve it do this:

Project - Options - Linker - Output

Override default option checked

Debug Information for C-Spy option checked

Thats all!!!

When I do that all works fine

On 3 jul, 13:11, Ismael Salvador <ismael.salva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I get the following error when I try to compile the 868 Mhz
> version fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/ez430chronos(v2.0) and

Marco Antonio Romero Valencia

Jul 19, 2015, 3:41:33 PM7/19/15
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com

Hi which files you overwrited in the project?