Re: [ti-chronos-development] RFM12B and EZ430-CHRONOS??

Paolo Di Prodi

Apr 18, 2013, 6:03:58 PM4/18/13
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is possible indeed.
On our forum see this post:
http://www.panstamp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=280&highlight=RFM12b
Panstamp uses the cc1101 chip so you get the exact same registers as the ez430 chronos.
Let me know if you manage!

On 18 April 2013 18:41, Jaime Castro <jaim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is possible to communicate the EZ430-CHRONOS with a microcontroller with the RFM12B transceiver? Both are available in the same frequencies and as far I found, the same modulation. I discovered the EZ430-CHRONOS recently so I don't know if its possible. The idea is to communicate EZ430-CHRONOS with some arduino compatible boards like the one from jeelabs or the one from lowpowerlab.com(moteino).

Thanks!

Dr. Paolo Di Prodi

Paolo Di Prodi

Apr 18, 2013, 6:05:35 PM4/18/13
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
I had a look at your website, very interesting, in particular this picture:
http://lowpowerlab.com/blog/2013/03/23/all-about-moteino/
you forgot to mention Panstamp!

Jaime Castro

Apr 18, 2013, 6:15:44 PM4/18/13
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info, it's very interesting. I will buy a ez430 to try!

@epokh It's not my website, I found it searching for rfm12b info ;) But it's very interesting. I bought an moteino and works perfect!

I forgot to mention "Panstamp" on purpose. It uses cc1101 instead of rfm12b. I have a lot of rfm12b modules working yet, I want to reuse them. I will give a change to the rfm12b modules before switch to cc1101 modules. But Panstamp looks very good and has the advantage of having everything integrated and be smaller. I will try in the near future.

Thanks for the info :)

On 18 April 2013 23:03, Paolo Di Prodi <robo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes it is possible indeed.
On our forum see this post:
http://www.panstamp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=280&highlight=RFM12b
Panstamp uses the cc1101 chip so you get the exact same registers as the ez430 chronos.
Let me know if you manage!

On 18 April 2013 18:41, Jaime Castro <jaim...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is possible to communicate the EZ430-CHRONOS with a microcontroller with the RFM12B transceiver? Both are available in the same frequencies and as far I found, the same modulation. I discovered the EZ430-CHRONOS recently so I don't know if its possible. The idea is to communicate EZ430-CHRONOS with some arduino compatible boards like the one from jeelabs or the one from lowpowerlab.com(moteino).

Thanks!

Dr. Paolo Di Prodi

Sam Toufou

Aug 3, 2014, 11:52:34 AM8/3/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

And what about Anarduino, it seems to have the same spec than Moteino plus a 16Mbyte Flash instead of 4...
And what do you think about the Magic Mote ?? the MSP430 chip ++ nordic are visibly less power consuming for low power application ?

By the way you did a great job !!

Toufou54