Accessing the 2 port 2 pins on the C1111 USB adapter?

Simon Jackson

Aug 1, 2012, 2:15:49 PM8/1/12
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to modify the programming of the C1111 to access the two port pins which make up 2 of the 6 pads of the C1111 twowire programming interface. For some projects these two port pins should be enough. Which source files are relevant for programming the C1111? Does the C1111 initialize and work without active USB (i.e. can run from usb power without data)?

Paolo Di Prodi

Aug 1, 2012, 2:26:42 PM8/1/12
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Yes you can access them via P2.2 and P2.1.
The relevant code is cc1111_usb_dongle in the Recovery/RF Access Point folder
of your TI installation.
If you have difficulties compiling the IAR Workbench project give me a shout there are some tricky options to set to work with the Limited Edition.
I currently program the dongle via a CC debugger and I have soldered some "very" thick wires but planning to do a small pogo pin adapter:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/robomotic/7643974176/in/photostream
The CC1111 is linked to TI firmware usb data but you can of course scrap all the non necessary code parts.
Although I suggest a CC1110 solution if you don't need USB capabilities, something like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54388270@N04/5752187511/
I can share the project source on Dropbox if you like, but tomorrow I will be on holiday so let me know ASAP.
Cheers.

On 1 August 2012 19:15, Simon Jackson <jacko...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to modify the programming of the C1111 to access the two port pins which make up 2 of the 6 pads of the C1111 twowire programming interface. For some projects these two port pins should be enough. Which source files are relevant for programming the C1111? Does the C1111 initialize and work without active USB (i.e. can run from usb power without data)?

Dr. Paolo Di Prodi

Simon Jackson

Aug 1, 2012, 10:42:32 PM8/1/12
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
For some reason the main function seems to be edited /* out */

I've got the latest linux download, as I use linux and not windows. I intend to use the C1111 with a Raspberry Pi at some point and use the Chronos as an IO device, and perhaps a RTC when the Pi has no net. The 2 port pins may come in use for power control of the Pi, when the C1111 is powered by a USB HUB, and maybe the video display through a solid state relay. (As an example project).

I do a little Chronos development using msp430-gcc on netbook with Jolicloud/Ubuntu 10.04, and never intend to get windows again. IAR does not install under wine...

Another possible use would be driving a piezo buzzer for notification when the main audio is not available, and the Chronos is in low power.

Cheers

Paolo Dev

Aug 2, 2012, 12:18:21 AM8/2/12
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Yes that is not an issue. I am not a windows guy either but I needed something quick otherwise we have to port the iar code to build with mspgcc which is fine too for me. The use of the C1111 with the hub is a good idea.

Sent from my iPad

Sanwal Saleem

Mar 11, 2014, 6:56:13 PM3/11/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
hy
    i have been trying to send data from control centre and display on watch.i succefully did that.I am measuring pressure flow and temp and display on the watch.Now i send the data from the control centre by pressing "send data to watch" in Simplicit Sync tab.data is printing fine.Now i designed my custom hardware based on c1111 with sensors and i want to send data continously to the watch.I am completly stuck please help me