Strap broken ... options?

Simon Jackson

Feb 23, 2014, 1:24:27 AM2/23/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Oh well, it had to happen. My options are as follows:

1) Connect its 3v to a Raspberry Pi 3.3v and make a permanent fixture via the programmer.
2) Find a new cheap case.
3) ???

Jacko

Paul M

Feb 25, 2014, 11:20:55 AM2/25/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com

how about a Neptune Pine?

notice how hard they try not to show just how big it is, makes even Samsung's Gear seem small ;-)

Lasse I

May 14, 2014, 5:11:35 AM5/14/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
I know this is a bit late, but I was struggling with the same problem and didn't want to bin my chronos, so maybe this will be useful to someone else. I cut the original strap just before the clock part, then made a slot for a seiko(?) replacement strap, on both sides. Then I made small holes, where I pushed a rod that was cutted from a rivet. Works great. :)
WP_20140514_001.jpg

Ben Sherman

May 17, 2014, 10:39:15 PM5/17/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
That's quite cool! I've always been interested in putting a different band on mine

furri

May 21, 2014, 2:15:47 PM5/21/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
mine broken from... more than one year, pretty solution, thanks.