Chronos Control Center works on Mac OS X

OP

Mar 8, 2011, 4:56:53 PM3/8/11
to TI Chronos Development
This is not surprising since it's just a tcl/tk application, but it
did take a bit of work to get it running:

1. I used a linux virtual machine to extract the application from the
linux version of the Chronos software bundle
2. The "eZ430-Chronos CC 1_2.tcl" file needs to be modified to use the
correct serial port:

# Set COM port where RF access point is mounted
#set com "/dev/ttyACM0"
set com "/dev/cu.usbmodem001"

Note that it took some debugging to realize that tcl needs /dev/
cu.usbmodem001 to be used rather than /dev/tty.usbmodem001. The name
of the device (i.e.. usbmodem001 above) on your system may vary, even
from USB port to USB port.

-ojas

SuperNova

Mar 30, 2011, 7:34:51 AM3/30/11
to TI Chronos Development
Hello

i looked around the web and i really like the Chronos watch. The only
problem is the Mac compatibility problem. But now that the Control
Centre is Linux compatible it was a matter of time till somebody got
it working on Mac OS. I guess this person is you!

Honestly im a noob, that said would you be able to give me the Chronos
Control Centre that would work under Mac OS?

And would you mind telling me if the Chronos watch is easy to program?
Im currently learning C at school.

Thanks a lot

Ojas Parekh

Mar 30, 2011, 2:05:17 PM3/30/11
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
I'm having trouble accessing the Files section of the group, so I've
attached a version of CCC modified as described below. You may have
to change the serail port (/dev/cu.usbmodem001) depending on which
USB port you plug your dongle into. The easiest thing would be to
try them all and see if one of them works.

I would say that if you're just learning C, programming the watch
is possible but will be pretty challenging and require persistence.
This is mainly because, at least as far as I know, there's no tutorial
like documentation outlining the watch firmware source code. Depending
on what you want to do, you'd have to look at other examples to figure
out how to do it.

With that said, it's a lot easier writing code on your computer that
talks to the default firmware on the watch:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/EZ430-Chronos#PC.2FChronos_Communication

I don't think there are C examples yet, but there may be some on the web,
or I might have time to put some together for you.

-ojas

CCC-OSX-1_2.zip

SuperNova

Mar 30, 2011, 9:50:02 PM3/30/11
to TI Chronos Development
Thanks a lot for this.

The Tcl Application fails to run tho. My MacBook Opens it with wish by
default is that right?

Also Can i use xCode to write my code or do i need to use the CCC?

Also is it easy to interface with the Firmware? And how about Wireless
communication is the protocol easy to get going for a beginner?

Thanks so much.

On Mar 30, 8:05 pm, Ojas Parekh <ojas.par...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble accessing the Files section of the group, so I've
> attached a version of CCC modified as described below.  You may have
> to change the serail port (/dev/cu.usbmodem001) depending on which
> USB port you plug your dongle into.  The easiest thing would be to
> try them all and see if one of them works.
>
> I would say that if you're just learning C, programming the watch
> is possible but will be pretty challenging and require persistence.
> This is mainly because, at least as far as I know, there's no tutorial
> like documentation outlining the watch firmware source code.  Depending
> on what you want to do, you'd have to look at other examples to figure
> out how to do it.
>
> With that said, it's a lot easier writing code on your computer that
> talks to the default firmware on the watch:
>
> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/EZ430-Chronos#PC.2FChronos_Co...
>
> I don't think there are C examples yet, but there may be some on the web,
> or I might have time to put some together for you.
>
> -ojas
>
>  CCC-OSX-1_2.zip
> 60KViewDownload

Sanwal Saleem

Mar 11, 2014, 7:04:43 PM3/11/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com, ojas....@gmail.com
hy
    i have been trying to send data from control centre and display on watch.i succefully did that.I am measuring pressure flow and temp and display on the watch.Now i send the data from the control centre by pressing "send data to watch" in Simplicit Sync tab.data is printing fine.Now i designed my custom hardware based on c1111 with sensors and i want to send data continously to the watch.I am completly stuck please help me