Re: [ti-chronos-development] Acc Sampling Rate / Bits conversion

Aljaž 'g5pw' Srebrnič

Mar 15, 2014, 5:05:20 PM3/15/14
to Jiashu Li, ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I think your best shot is to look for the accelerometer data sheet. What model of chronos do you have?

On 14 marzo 2014 at 20:09:40, Jiashu Li (jl...@u.rochester.edu) wrote:

Hello Chronos Users,

I am attempting to manipulate the accelerometer data for a project. I have successfully read-in and displayed the data in MATLAB.

I am currently trying to figure out how to implement time into my data. I've been having some trouble using the 'tic' and 'toc' functions of MATLAB (the code is unable to distinguish between when the code is run and when I actually turn on the accelerometer). Because I can see how many accelerometer data points I have, I can calculate time if I know the sampling rate.

Does anybody know the default sampling rate for the accelerometer? Based on my estimations, it should be around 8 Hz.

Also, I was wondering if anybody knows the conversion from bits to gs (i.e. m/s^2)? My y-axis currently has maximum and minimum values of +/- 128 (based on 7 bits of data).

I have gone through the user guide and, based on the limited information TI has provided about the accelerometer, it's clear that this product was not intended to output accelerometer data to actually be manipulated by the user.

If nobody is certain of this information, could you please provide the phone # for TI's branch that would deal with technical support for the Chronos watch. Thanks in advance.

Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey

pabbireddy avinash

Fernando Ginez da Silva

Jun 25, 2014, 9:48:31 AM6/25/14
to ti-chronos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the old model using VTI CMA3000 accelerometer, the sensor is configured for 100Hz sample rate, but only one third of samples are transmitted. This gives you a 33Hz sample rate.

At this moment I can't remember the point exactly, but you can find it in the watch's source code.

Regards,