Sat, Oct 21 IDPA, Setup

1 view

cody.cl...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2023, 8:25:18 AM10/20/23
to Thurmont IDPA
Are you an Armed Citizen? Then register for this coming Saturday's IDPA Match.
IDPA Match Sat, Oct 21, Registration Open, I will be at the range today for setup around 1030AM, so free entry to the match and appreciation is offered.

JOEY MIKLOS MEMORIAL SERVICE
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have to announce the death of Joey Miklos, a friend, compatriot, a very active member in IDPA and brother to us all. Joey is from Reva, VA near Culpeper, and was very active as Match Director at the Rivanna Club in Charlottesville and worked a few times at the NRA range as MD. Joey treated us all like family in IDPA and shooting sports groups. His enthusiasm and enjoyment was infectious and helped us all to share in his joy.

He recently attended the Potomac Grail and came in 2nd Place Revolver, and won the Colt Handgun. I will never forget the smile on his face when I gave him that award.

There is a memorial service scheduled for October 29 at 2PM with a reception to follow at: Reformation Lutheran Church, 601 Madison Road, Culpeper Virginia . You are welcome to attend. If you wish to make any kind of donation, please donate to: Culpeper Humane Society and/or Lutheran Military Veterans and Families.

Joey is survived by his wife Lisa. Joey will be missed by everyone in the State of VIrginia who shot IDPA and ICORE. I will surely miss him, not just as an enthusiastic IDPA member, but as a person who let us share in his joy of life.  Cody Claxton, Area Coordinator

Please watch the Second Amendment Foundation Conference and MSI videos for updated ways to protect our right to bear arms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYzEHkb0sc

 Thurmont Action Shooting (Register at practiscore.com)

SANCTIONED MATCHES
REMINDER: You may shoot a sanctioned match in any Division which has a classification listed under your name on IDPA.COM. They no longer expire.
Next Year Schedule Coming Out Soon
- Maryland State, April 26-27, Lexington Park, MD
- Winter Classic, Feb 16-25, New Castle, PA
- VIR, April 12-14 (TENTATIVE), Chesapeake, VA

IDPA CLUB NEWS
- NRA Range, Fairfax VA, Tuesday Matches Continue
- AGC, Marriottsville is still running IDPA!!
- Kettlefoot IDPA in Bristol, VA is back!!

YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS ARE UNDER ATTACK, PLEASE LOBBY AND HELP
- The Arm Brace Rule would effectively make 40 Million firearms illegal. Write your Congressmen and, ask them to stop the ATF from publishing this rule and putting tens of millions of gun owners at legal risk for simply owning a particular kind of gun that they already bought legally.
- Write and call your Senators to vote against the HR-1808 Assault Weapons Ban

LIST OF GUN RIGHTS YOUTUBE CHANNELS

REALLY GREAT 2nd AMENDMENT CONTENT...PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!
- Read John Lott's New Book on Gun Control Myths, on Amazon for $8.
- Check out The Reload, an independent, subscriber-supported dedicated to accurate reporting on gun stories and gun ownership in America.

The Fundamentals of Self Defense
2nd Amendment Related
- Gangs, Crews, and Hoods To Avoid
- Lessons of analyzing 12,000 Gunfights