3D : axial uncertainty

dpin...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2018, 10:34:05 AM3/1/18
to ThunderSTORM: discussion group
Dear Thunderstorm team and all,

I have a couple of questions regarding processing 3D data and it would be great to have your input:

In the results table Thunderstorm gives two sigma values for each localization: I assume these correspond to the lateral and the axial sigmas. However there is only one uncertainty value which I assume is the lateral (x,y) one. Why is the axial uncertainty not calculated? Is it something that you could/will implement, or is there a particular reason why it is not shown?

Finally on the visualization of the data, how would you recommend to select the step size and the z-range? Should it be the same as the one used for the 3D calibration?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best,
Dora