Macro way to load protocol on import with no dialog

Christophe Leterrier

Sep 4, 2016, 11:34:05 AM9/4/16
to ThunderSTORM: discussion group
Hi,

I'm making a macro where I import a localization file (CSV) previously generated with a protocol.txt file. After import I need to merge localizations, so I have to import the parameters from the corresponding protocol.txt file. This works well manually thanks to the protocol detection and dialog box offering to import it too. However in a macro, the dialog box validation is not recorded and I can't import the file + protocol without having the macro stop and wait for me to manually click the dialog box.

Would it be possible to have a way to import the protocol file in an unattended manner in a macro, so that I can automate the processing?

Thanks,

Christophe

Martin Ovesný

Sep 4, 2016, 11:59:37 AM9/4/16
to ThunderSTORM: discussion group
Christophe,

yes, this is high on my TODO list, I'm aware of it; it's annoying :-)

Best,
Martin

Martin Ovesný

Sep 10, 2016, 5:07:15 AM9/10/16
to ThunderSTORM: discussion group
Hi,

the process of loading of the protocol is changed in today's build. There is a new checkbox (macro option `detectMeasurementProtocol` - default true) which allows you to disable the protocol file detection. And even if you keep it enabled, it will no longer pop up the dialog. Instead, if the file is not found, it shows a message in the ImageJ's log window. This way you can run your macros and they will not be interrupted no matter what the setting is.

Best,
Martin

Christophe Leterrier

Sep 10, 2016, 5:12:12 AM9/10/16
to ThunderSTORM: discussion group
Looks like a sensible solution. Thanks for this!

due minh

Nov 5, 2020, 4:59:03 AM11/5/20
to ThunderSTORM: discussion group
Hi all,

I am sorry for posting this quesiton here. But I can't find the way to post questions on the main conversation tabs.

I am using phasor based for determine the localisation. But I don't understand why what are sigma1 and sigma2 in the result table.
Could you explain what are those related to the fit for the locations?
Thank you so much,
Best,

Thuy