Yahoo Negative Vibes

metal321

Dec 15, 2013, 12:18:19 PM12/15/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Getting negative vibes with two of my yahoo webmail accounts.
My Rocketmail account isn't effected. I am attaching the log file.
Yahoo Log - 11-8-657 -15-12-2013.txt

Virja

Dec 15, 2013, 5:31:55 PM12/15/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I experience similar problem for about the last two weeks.

Virja DG
On 12/16/2013 12:18 AM, metal321 wrote:
> Getting negative vibes with two of my yahoo webmail accounts.
> My Rocketmail account isn't effected. I am attaching the log file.

Lcbj75

Dec 15, 2013, 5:57:08 PM12/15/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I discovered (thank you, Tagryn and Mozzied!) that I no longer need the Webmail add-on for Yahoo Mail, GMail or Hotmail.  TB can now d/l the mail from them without an add-on.

To set up TB read http://kb.mozillazine.org/Yahoo, http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gmail and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Hotmail.

metal321

Dec 15, 2013, 7:00:18 PM12/15/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I tried to get it to work without webmail addon but for some reason it wouldn't work. And I don't think there is any way to do it with Rocketmail from what I've seen.

alrui

Dec 16, 2013, 11:18:32 AM12/16/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
No joy here this morning either:-( The add on has been working great for a long time now (1.5.8b1) but now it looks like Yahoo has managed to break it again!

ALR

alrui

Dec 16, 2013, 11:39:43 AM12/16/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Tries the settings here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Yahoo

for a POP account and it does in fact work.

ALR
Message has been deleted

metal321

Dec 16, 2013, 6:13:54 PM12/16/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Do you have to create a new account in order for it to work
or can you modify the existing settings of your accounts in
Thuderbird?

ALR

Dec 16, 2013, 6:58:30 PM12/16/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Just modify your existing settings rep the Mozilla article and you should be golden:-)

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Dec 16, 2013, 7:07:45 PM12/16/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I got it to work with my yahoo.com accounts. I don't think the
yahoo site I was looking at had the correct instructions but as
I as said Yahoo is apparently not supporting the rocketmail
domain so I guess I am screwed unless this addon is updated.
The addon quit working with my rocketmail account.

metal321

Dec 16, 2013, 8:40:04 PM12/16/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I forgot to add the domain
rocketmail.com to my user name for my rocketmail account which
is obviously the only way it can be distinquished from regular
yahoo account.

alrui

Dec 17, 2013, 12:44:59 AM12/17/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it working:-)

ALR

Yeshua

Dec 17, 2013, 5:06:54 PM12/17/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! That did the trick for me. :-)

Winux2

Dec 19, 2013, 7:36:47 AM12/19/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com

alrui

Dec 21, 2013, 11:29:00 AM12/21/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone who changed their settings to the recommended Mozilla settings for POP mail notice they are getting more SPAM from Yahoo now as it appears their filter isnt catching it and dumping it into the servers SPAM folder? Curious....

ALR

Lcbj75

Dec 21, 2013, 11:37:31 AM12/21/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Yes!  All of the spam that Yahoo caught before is now coming in!

alrui

Dec 21, 2013, 11:48:11 AM12/21/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Well that sux! I wonder if the developer of the webmail extension will issue an update as I for one would much rather go back & use that and forgo the SPAM:-)

ALR

alrui

Dec 22, 2013, 1:28:34 PM12/22/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
It looks like Yahoo mail catches the SPAM then when you use Thunderbird to grab it it grabs the inbox AND the SPAM contents at the same time! There must be a way to set things up so the SPAM is left on the Yahoo servers.

ALR

alrui

Dec 22, 2013, 1:33:36 PM12/22/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
OK Heres the fix:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_CLASSIC&locale=en_US&id=SLN3286

Change the setting to dont download SPAM & it should be golden (I just changed it so time will tell).

ALR

Lcbj75

Dec 22, 2013, 1:47:03 PM12/22/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Aha!!!  It was hidden!  Thank you so much for finding this!  I've reset my accounts and I'm crossing my fingers that the spam is gone.

MichaelL

Jun 25, 2014, 5:39:54 PM6/25/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Please unsubscribe me.  Thank you.