Corrupted Yahoo Emails

metal321

Jun 4, 2013, 1:47:08 AM6/4/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I am starting get more and more emails that don't appear to be downloading correctly.
After downloading, the fields for subject and sender are empty, and the time of day
is shown in the field but not the date. The email itself is showing all of the HTML code.
Any idea what could be causing this?

Webmail Author

Jun 13, 2013, 3:32:54 AM6/13/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Can you send me the Yahoo log files

alrj...@yahoo.com

Jun 23, 2013, 12:14:06 PM6/23/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Im having the same issues here, things sent in HTML are arriving in MIME format. This doesnt occur with every e-mail though, its sporadic started happening a week or so ago here with no changes to my settings, etc. Im running Thunderbird 12.0.1. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

metal321

Jun 27, 2013, 6:42:44 PM6/27/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi, sorry I didn't post sooner. Forgot to set it for email updates. Is the Yahoo Log the text file that I need to post?  Also,for some reason I wasn't able to upload the any file to this site so I may have to simply post the text.

metal321

Jun 27, 2013, 6:57:49 PM6/27/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
My Yahoo Log file is 17.5 mb's. What am I suppose to do with this thing. I don't seem to be able to upload it and I tried pasting the text and that didn't seem to work either.

nextai

Jul 2, 2013, 3:10:42 AM7/2/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Archive it with zip or rar or whatever and post it here for Webmail Author.

Chris Clifton

Jul 2, 2013, 3:46:59 AM7/2/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Also to cut down the size of the log file, turn logging off temporarily,
rename, move or delete the existing log file. Then turn logging back on
and repeat the action that creates the error. Thus you will have a small
log file that mostly only contains data relevant to the error. In
general, not a good idea to leave logging on all the time, the log file
will become very large, not only making it difficult to submit for
analysis, but making it hard to analyse. Much better to create a smaller
log file when needed for trouble shooting. Easier to send to Webmail
Author or anyone else, and easier for the recipient to find the relevant
entries.

petersemple

Jul 17, 2013, 11:01:46 PM7/17/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I have been getting this issue as well.  It seems pretty random, and isn't often, but is annoying when it happens

metal321

Jul 31, 2013, 8:52:06 PM7/31/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com

I figured out why I wasn't able to upload my log file. I don't think it had to do with file size.
I believe NoScript was blocking a Google script. I forget which one. Anyway, this problem
I am having is kind of odd. It typically only happens to one email and they tend to be emails
I receive from ebay but not always. The majority of the emails I get on this address are from
ebay. My dsl modem is screwed up and hopefully I'll be getting a new one tomorrow. It works
but my connection is often screwed up. I have a suspicion that it might be causing this problem.
Yahoo Log - 19-22-462 -31-7-2013.txt
Message has been deleted

metal321

Aug 7, 2013, 8:37:50 PM8/7/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Just got another corrupted email and luckily the logfile is only 1 megabyte. A lot smaller than the last one thankfully.
Yahoo Log - 19-17-140 -7-8-2013.txt