Very strange negative vibes with Yahoo

Lcbj75

Oct 13, 2013, 4:27:55 PM10/13/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Tbird 24.0.1, Win XP SP3, Webmail 1.5.1 and Yahoo 1.5.8.

I have 3 different Yahoo accounts.  Yahoo just recently started offering the ability to change themes in email.  I chose to stay with the existing theme (the basic view) for all of my accounts.  Ever since then, 2 of the accounts have been working just fine but one of them is returning negative vibes.  I've tried logging in from the web and changing my password but no joy.

The log is attached.  I don't know much about logs but I looked at it and it looks very strange.  Please help?

Thanks!
Yahoo Log - 16-6-676 -13-10-2013.txt

Lcbj75

Nov 2, 2013, 1:22:07 PM11/2/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Bumping this and also adding a new log.

I'm still having problems with this account.  I have 3 yahoo accounts and this is the only one that won't work.  I tried changing the password and I'm still getting negative vibes even though the account is fine when I log in through Firefox.  The current log is below.

Please help????
Yahoo Log - 12-56-599 -2-11-2013.txt

Lcbj75

Nov 29, 2013, 2:22:37 PM11/29/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Can someone PLEASE help me with this?  I've tried changing a whole bunch of different options and still can't get this one account to work.  Is anyone listening???

tagryn

Dec 7, 2013, 10:47:18 AM12/7/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
This doesn't directly address your problem, but...I started getting negative vibes on my Yahoo account as well, and did some searching around.

Its possible that we don't need to use the Webmail extension to get around the restrictions to POP download mail from Yahoo anymore. See: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Yahoo

I disabled the extension for Yahoo in Thunderbird and switched the settings to those detailed in that article, and was able to download email from Yahoo to Thunderbird without a problem. Only thing to watch out for is that it will download *all* email that's in your inbox, so if you've been letting messages sit in there for months and months as I was, you could have a lot of messages getting transferred the first time.

This may also be the case for Hotmail (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Hotmail) and GMail (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gmail)

Hope that's helpful.

Lcbj75

Dec 7, 2013, 2:07:59 PM12/7/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
It worked!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!  It worked!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!

Mozzied

Dec 7, 2013, 7:10:10 PM12/7/13
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Webmail extension hasn't been needed with gmail and hotmail for a long time.
As to Yahoo's change of heart, bear in mind that in exchange for any free service these days users will give up that much more privacy (not that Yahoo offered much privacy on their pay-fer accounts to begin with).  They're gonna get their money one way or another, pay-fer or (probably AND) data mining.