Negative Vibes with TB24.3.0, WebMail 1.5.1, GMail 0.8.1

Gil

Feb 26, 2014, 12:27:52 AM2/26/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Over the last few days, I have consistently been getting negative vibes using TB 24.3.0 on Win7 with WebMail 1.5.1 and GMail 0.8.1.

I hadn't changed any parameters recently.

I wonder whether something changed in the Google UI.  Has anyone else noticed anything?

I had noticed the problems with email addresses in my own GAFYD domain (supported by Google).

I set up a new TB profiles for an ordinary gmail.com address, and I have the same problems with that.

KE4AVB

Mar 1, 2014, 7:18:36 PM3/1/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Just started having problem here today.

Getting the following message in the console:

nsGMailPOP.js: loginHandler : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: szLocation.match(...) is null
299

KE4AVB

Mar 2, 2014, 7:35:31 PM3/2/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com

Gil

Mar 3, 2014, 9:08:41 AM3/3/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I tried 0.8.2, and it doesn't help my problem.

I had not been getting the 299 problem.  My problem has been this:

nsGMailPOP.js: loginHandler : Exception : Error.
Error message: Invalid Password
277

But the password is correct.

I sent my log files to an old address I had for the author of the extensions.  Is there someone else I should send them to (or should I post them here?).

Gil

Mar 7, 2014, 9:42:52 AM3/7/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Is there perhaps a general problem with the WebMail extension and TB 24.3.0?  Are others able to get it to work?

I tried using Hotmail (with a live.com account) and Yahoo, and I was not able to get the WebMail POP to work with TB24.3.0.  Different errors were reported - it was not the "invalid password" that I got with GMail.

I tried setting up an entirely new GMail account (it was actually at my own domain, supported by Google).  I created a brand new TB profile.  I only put the two extensions in it - WebMail and GMail.  I had the same problem with negative vibes and "invalid password."  The password was fine, though.  If I reconfigured TB to use pop.gmail.com instead of localhost, it could pick up mail just fine with the same password.

My problem, of course, is that, while I am at work, I can't get to pop.gmail.com.  I have been relying for years on the WebMail extension.  I don't know why it's stopped working for me.

Gil

Mar 13, 2014, 12:39:14 AM3/13/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I set up a new TB profile on another PC with a different TB installation (same version).

I installed the WebMail and GMail extensions.

I was not able to use the POP service.  I got the same "invalid password" error in the logs.

If I went directly to pop.gmail.com and use the same username and password, it all worked fine.

I'm figuring that Google has changed the UI and the GMail extension won't work until it's updated correspondingly.

Maybe I'm the last one using this extension, and that's why I'm the only one who's noticed this.

Beren Erchamion

Mar 13, 2014, 7:26:17 AM3/13/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
gmail 0.8.2 solved the negative vibes for me. thank you for your effort on mantaining this app.
Message has been deleted

Gil

Apr 7, 2014, 4:01:19 PM4/7/14
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
I have missed using the Webmail extension for all these weeks.

I am still hoping that someone can help me figure out what is my problem.

I have posted a log file here:  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-tU9hcRJqGScV8xamFkakhSNlk

I edited out domain name and password.