More appmenu progress

Jorge O. Castro

Jan 13, 2011, 11:32:19 AM1/13/11
to thunderb...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Chris and I are in Dallas, TX this week for our platform sprint, which
means he's made a bunch of progress on the appmenu support:

http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2730099174/firefox-application-menu-coming-along

He's also got it working in Tbird 3.3alpha and is looking at getting
it working with 3.1.

Looks like we're off to a good start for the year!

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.

David Ascher

Jan 13, 2011, 2:26:36 PM1/13/11
to thunderb...@googlegroups.com, Jorge O. Castro
Nice!

Chris Coulson

Jan 14, 2011, 7:31:50 PM1/14/11
On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 11:32 -0500, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Chris and I are in Dallas, TX this week for our platform sprint, which
> means he's made a bunch of progress on the appmenu support:
>
> http://castrojo.tumblr.com/post/2730099174/firefox-application-menu-coming-along
>
> He's also got it working in Tbird 3.3alpha and is looking at getting
> it working with 3.1.
>
> Looks like we're off to a good start for the year!

This is basically working in Tbird 3.1 now [1]. The only issue I'm
having is that it crashes with Lightning installed. One of it's menus
trigger a bug which results in an infinite loop and Tbird using up the
whole stack. I haven't been very successful with debugging it yet, so
I'd welcome any help with that :-)

There are still no icons in the menus yet, but I plan to work on that
next week.

I also need to do something with the spinner on the menu toolbar (I've
just removed it from my profile for now). We have a design spec for the
menubars which suggests moving the spinner to the end of the topmost
visible toolbar. Does that seem like a reasonable thing to do? If so, I
just need to get around to implementing it.

Regards
Chris

[1] - http://people.canonical.com/~chrisccoulson/Screenshot_009.png

Andreas Nilsson

Jan 19, 2011, 6:51:25 PM1/19/11
to thunderbird-unity
So one thing about the spinner is that we also show it on the tab, so
I wonder if it would actually be ok to get rid of it alltogether from
the menubar.
Need to double check that we're not using it for something else as
well.