import net.serenitybdd.core.pages.PageObject is not resolving

Prasad Nutalapati

Nov 23, 2020, 6:59:16 PM11/23/20
to Serenity BDD Users Group
I downloaded the **latest starter project from https://github.com/serenity-bdd/serenity-cucumber-starter**
When writing the Pages which extend PageObject from serenity-core.jar, I tried to import **net.serenitybdd.core.pages.PageObject** but it could not.
I could not get any prompt after even 'net.'.
I could see the serenity-core.jar file(2.3.6) in my maven dependencies folder and also it containing PageObject class. Also it is in the libraries tab of build path under maven dependencies too.
I could not understand why it is not able to pull when I try to write import statement like
import net.serenitybdd.core.pages.PageObject; OR infact anything starting off from net.* is not prompting at all. Why ????
I am using JDK 1.8 and Eclipse 2020-06 aka 4.16 version
Please suggest !

Prasad Nutalapati

Nov 23, 2020, 11:27:50 PM11/23/20
to Serenity BDD Users Group

It looks like it is Eclipse issue. Once I moved the project to IntelliJ community edition, import net.serenitybdd.core.pages.PageObject got resolved. Why a great tool like Eclipse has become like this ? Before moving the project, I did maven clean and build several times, but still no use.