How and where do I specify in which browser to test ? How to make binaries available and maintain them ?

Prasad Nutalapati

Nov 24, 2020, 11:25:46 PM11/24/20
to Serenity BDD Users Group
Hello Folks !
how do I choose which browser to run for my tests ? Probably I may have to mention it in **serenity.properties** file. Right ??
 Then how do make the browser binaries available to the run time ? Should I make a folder under **src/test/resources** and point to them from serenity.properties file?  Is there a documentation around this topic ?

Please advise. Thanks in advance

Sandeep Kurella

Nov 24, 2020, 11:49:56 PM11/24/20
to Prasad Nutalapati, Serenity BDD Users Group
You can config in serenity.properties, like below

#allowed values : firefox,edge,chrome,phantomjs
#webdriver.driver=
#path to binaries
#webdriver.gecko.driver=
#webdriver.chrome.driver=
#webdriver.edge.driver=
#phantomjs.binary.path=
or you can pass it directly to tests in the command line, if you are using maven, use below
-Dwebdriver.driver=edge -Dwebdriver.edge.driver="C:\Program Files\edgedriver\17134\MicrosoftWebDriver.exe"

Regards,
SANDEEP KURELLA
TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER - LOYALTY SERVICE LAYER
QANTAS LOYALTY - QANTAS AIRWAYS LTD
E. SANDEEP...@QANTASLOYALTY.COM

Loyalty Signature Image
01111001 01101111 01110101
.- .-. .
.
boolean 1
YULZCGXK BMABMZ

************** PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING *************
******************* Confidentiality and Privilege Notice *******************

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901
Visit Qantas online at http://qantas.com