How to handle the unexpected pop ups for web based appications

Ramakrishna Ravipati

Dec 3, 2019, 8:32:03 PM12/3/19
to Serenity BDD Users Group
Iam currently working on Automation project for E-commerce site. In some pages unexpected popup's(ex:ad's) are displaying. Because of that my script was failing by throwing exceptions like ElementNotFoundException and currently Element is not Interactable etc.. . Here these ad's are not specific to particular page. It may come at any page.

Please let me know, Is there any way to handle these type of scenario?

Sushant Shambharkar

Jan 17, 2020, 1:23:13 PM1/17/20
to Ramakrishna Ravipati, Serenity BDD Users Group

Hi Ravi,

Were you able to solve this?

I am also interested in this issue, this is a very common issue that fails our scripts.

Thanks & Regards
Sushanth Shambharkar

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 7:32 PM Ramakrishna Ravipati <ramakrishn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Iam currently working on Automation project for E-commerce site. In some pages unexpected popup's(ex:ad's) are displaying. Because of that my script was failing by throwing exceptions like ElementNotFoundException and currently Element is not Interactable etc.. . Here these ad's are not specific to particular page. It may come at any page.

Please let me know, Is there any way to handle these type of scenario?

John Smart

Jan 17, 2020, 1:43:31 PM1/17/20
to Sushant Shambharkar, Ramakrishna Ravipati, Serenity BDD Users Group
Ask the developers to have a mode where the popups are disabled.

John Smart | Wakaleo Consulting  |  +44 7398 832273
Making smart teams collaborate better
http://johnfergusonsmart.com  |  john....@wakaleo.com

We love breaking down silos and helping smart teams collaborate better! Ask about our tailored on-site workshops in Agile Product Planning, BDD Requirements Discovery,  BDD, TDD and Clean Coding, and Advanced BDD Test Automation.

Need some help with Serenity BDD? Check out our Serenity BDD training and support packages here.