Serenity BDD slows down steps on one of the scenario examples

Yevhen Bilevych

Oct 1, 2020, 10:34:43 AM10/1/20
to Serenity BDD Users Group
Hi there,

Originally I've posted my question on StackOverflow but have not received any answer, so posting it there

While running tests sometimes running time of suite increases and report shows anomaly: each separate step of one of scenario outline examples takes exactly 120 seconds and screenshot is not taken. See the screensot of report below
TSqd8.png
On the contrary, another example of the same scenario outline performs well without issues:
TPetY.png
Worth to note that issue is not reproduced each rime (I'd say it's reproduced randomly)

Currently project uses quite old dependenies:
<serenity.version>2.0.40</serenity.version>
<serenity.cucumber.version>1.9.31</serenity.cucumber.version>

I'm curious:
- whether this is well known issue
- what 120 seconds stand for (I understand that it is some timeout on screenshot taking but hadn't found this magic number in serenity-core sources
- if migration to latest Serenity core could solve the issue

Thanks,
Yevhen