Serenity BDD and Selenium 3.x

John Smart

May 9, 2017, 8:54:49 PM5/9/17
to thucydid...@googlegroups.com
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There is a good chance that we will migrate to Selenium 3.x in the next major version of Serenity (which will be Serenity 1.5). Note that this is a fairly significant, non-backward-compatible upgrade for a number of reasons, and in particular:
   - You will need to use Java 8
   - You will need to use the geckodriver and recent versions of Firefox if you are running your tests of Firefox.

Please get in touch if you are stuck on Java 7 as I need to know how many people would need some sort of continued support for the previous versions.

John Smart | Wakaleo Consulting  |  +44 7398 832273
Making smart teams collaborate better
http://johnfergusonsmart.com  |  john....@wakaleo.com

We love breaking down silos and helping smart teams collaborate better! Ask about our tailored on-site workshops in Agile Product Planning, BDD Requirements Discovery,  BDD, TDD and Clean Coding, and Advanced BDD Test Automation.

Need some help with Serenity BDD? Check out our Serenity BDD training and support packages here.

Vincent Brouillet

May 10, 2017, 12:57:12 AM5/10/17
to Serenity BDD Users Group
keep the hard work

SeleniumWhat?

May 10, 2017, 10:50:19 AM5/10/17
to Serenity BDD Users Group
John,
  It is big deal...Thanks for your hard work.
  If possible would you tell where I can look into the changes that you made for the new release?
  Thanks a lot John!

  Selenium_What?

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 8:54:49 PM UTC-4, John Smart wrote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There is a good chance that we will migrate to Selenium 3.x in the next major version of Serenity (which will be Serenity 1.5). Note that this is a fairly significant, non-backward-compatible upgrade for a number of reasons, and in particular:
   - You will need to use Java 8
   - You will need to use the geckodriver and recent versions of Firefox if you are running your tests of Firefox.

Please get in touch if you are stuck on Java 7 as I need to know how many people would need some sort of continued support for the previous versions.

John Smart | Wakaleo Consulting  |  +44 7398 832273
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Strugariu Florin

May 15, 2017, 10:13:10 AM5/15/17
to Serenity BDD Users Group
Keep up the good work!

We are waiting for Selenium 3 for a while now :D
If you need any help or testing please contact me

Florin

Alan Graf

Jun 16, 2017, 5:34:41 AM6/16/17
to Serenity BDD Users Group
I am currently using the ChromeDriver as my firerfox instantiates but does not get the URL in and continue.

Is there a setting that i could use or add to pom to get the issue fixed

This is the version i use:

    <properties>
        <serenity.version>1.4.0</serenity.version>
        <serenity.jbehave.version>1.25.0</serenity.jbehave.version>
        <webdriver.driver>firefox</webdriver.driver>
    </properties>

And firefox 52.2.0

Chrome makes my life a little bit more difficult as debugger i have set up on firefox, so I can not debug, so any advice on:

1. How to get Serenity to work with firefox 52.2.0...or
2. How to set up debugging using chrome

...would be most welcome

Thx in advance