Thruk API keys

Frederico Paulo

Jun 28, 2021, 5:16:07 AM6/28/21
to Thruk
Hi,
What could be the reason for an API key to vanish from a user profile?
Is there any time or login restriction ?
API key suddenly stopped working and vanished from the user profile.

Thanks,
Fred

Sven Nierlein

Jun 28, 2021, 10:48:06 AM6/28/21
to th...@googlegroups.com, Frederico Paulo
Hi,

Which version is this? Some time ago, the last use time and up had been added to the key file itself to show some
usage statistics and give some hints on which keys could be removed potentially. But this meant the file
would have been constantly rewritten and i had it at least once that the file got corrupt due to this.
So starting with v2.42 those statistics have been separated and moved to a statistics file and the actual
key file does never change.
Sp to answer the question, if you have something before v2.42 then this could happen, starting with v2.42
this should not happen. There might still be causes outside of thruk which could change/remove keys of course.

Cheers,
 Sven
> --

OpenPGP_signature

Frederico

Jun 28, 2021, 10:58:54 AM6/28/21
to Sven Nierlein, th...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven,

We are still on 2.40-2. We will update through the OMD package when it comes out.

From a backup:
Saturday the key file looked like this:

{
   "comment" : "",
   "created" : 1620214465,
   "last_from" : "###.###.###.###",
   "last_used" : 1624725002,
   "user" : "omdapi"
}

On Sunday it looked like this:

{
   "last_from" : "###.###.###.###",
   "last_used" : 1624725002
}

There was no external modification in our IT infrastructure as far as we could investigate.
Migrated the key to be a Super User key, so really look forward that it doesn't happen again until we update to v2.42.

Thanks for the info,
Fred

Sven Nierlein

Jun 28, 2021, 11:01:04 AM6/28/21
to Frederico, th...@googlegroups.com
Am 28.06.21 um 16:58 schrieb Frederico:
> We are still on 2.40-2. We will update through the OMD package when it comes out.

Then it seems like the bug hit you as well. Btw, there is a new OMD already...

Sven

Frederico

Jul 1, 2021, 4:56:41 AM7/1/21
to Sven Nierlein, th...@googlegroups.com
Happened again this morning :(
This time it appended the extension .Orphaned to the api key file and content mas modified to:
{
   "last_used" : 1625128827
}

We will update the OMD next monday to 2.42.