Service dependency on many services

Heino Walther

Nov 11, 2020, 4:18:43 PM11/11/20
to Thruk
Hi there
I'm getting used to the Config Tool, but I now have the task of setting up service dependencies for several hundred services...
Basically every host has a simple "ping" service to which all other checks should depend.
Because if there is no ping to the host, it makes no sense to keep on checking any other services on that host...
I have setup a parent/child relationship but the services keeps checking even if the host is down...
I hope this makes sense?
My challenge is that it is only possible to add one service dependency at a time...it would be great if it was possible to select the "ping" service at the master service, and then a whole list of other services that should depend on it...  but currently this is not possible in the Config Tool?
If anyone has a better idea to achieve what I am trying to explain, it is very welcome :-)

/Heino