Main Landing Page Questions

Jim Frank

Jun 7, 2023, 5:33:10 PM6/7/23
to Thruk
Mr. Nierlein,
   The new landing page is a cool idea. I watched a video presentation you gave on all the new features a while back. I have been trying to drill down on the use and editing. It seems the main page is based on the main template. At least that is what it looks like. I can Create New View(s), but can't work out where the data is stored so that I can change the views. I also did not fined any details on editing the views. Any details would be appreciated.

   The other really helpful advice was how to modify the light or dark theme to attempt new themes. I am also about to attack that issue.

Sven Nierlein

Jun 12, 2023, 5:09:07 AM6/12/23
to th...@googlegroups.com, Jim Frank
Hi,

sorry for the late reply, i was on vacation.
Right now, there is only one way to customize the main page and it's only filtering. There are no plans to make this page another grafana or panorama thing. If you
want to have customized dashboards, use one of those. It's really just a bit more useful landing page.
Data is stored in the users profile file, which is a json file in /var/lib/thruk/users. But it only stores the name and filter, since that's the only things you can change.

Regarding themes, have a look at https://thruk.org/documentation/themes.html there is also an example here: https://github.com/sni/thruk-custom-themes-example

Cheers,
Sven
> --