Issue with Notifications display

james huber

Feb 27, 2023, 10:24:36 AM2/27/23
to Thruk
Question,
  Using V3.04 on a Ubuntu 20.04 machine.
On the "main" (IE: Home) display, there is a pane for "Notifications", it displays the notification based on what appears to be UTC. If I go to the actual "Notifications" page (Reports -> Notification) they are displayed (properly) in the TZ that the server is in as well as the TZ set in the config (in my case EST5EDT, or America/NewYork).

Is this on purpose that the Pane on the Home screen is based on UTC where as the actual report page is in the TZ set ?

Jim

Sven Nierlein

Feb 27, 2023, 10:45:42 AM2/27/23
to th...@googlegroups.com, james huber
Hi Jim,

the main page should use the same format as the notifications page but the notifications page is rendered on the server and the main page uses some js library and renders
the graph in your browser. I guess that's where things go wrong.
Did it work in the 3.02, because i changed the raw data for the js lib to unix timestamps to reduce conversion errors.

Regards,
Sven

james huber

Feb 27, 2023, 10:54:39 AM2/27/23
to Thruk
Honestly, I don't know if it worked in 3.02, I am new to Thruk & naemon and am just getting everything setup & working, and when I saw this it surprised me at first as I though I had missed alerts...

james huber

Feb 28, 2023, 10:22:03 AM2/28/23
to Thruk
Sven,
  Any suggestions of how to fix or get around this ?

Jim

Sven Nierlein

Feb 28, 2023, 1:22:42 PM2/28/23
to th...@googlegroups.com, james huber
Hi Jim,

best would be to open an issue on github and add some screenshots along with your timezone settings.

Regards,
Sven