geo map dashboards

Sven Nierlein

Mar 25, 2015, 6:06:48 PM3/25/15
to th...@googlegroups.com
Hi list,

the next release will come with a new geo map feature. This allows you to
set a openstreetmap background layer for your dashboard.
Geo Maps do not store x / y point coordinates for all icons, instead when placing
an icon, the position is converted to latitude and longitude coordinates. So when
navigating on the map, all icons will stay at their geo coordinates.
Together with the new line/watermark connector item, which draws a flexible arrow
between two points this makes a hole new category of dashboards possible. This
arrow can grow in size according to performance data and will change the color
with the host/service state.
These new features are available on http://demo.thruk.org and there is some
documentation available on: http://thruk.org/documentation/dashboard.html
The geomap is also part of the daily snapshot packages, so you can test them already.

Attached is a screenshot of how this could look, and the demo also contains a sample
map. This feature is currently experimental, however, everything should work as expected
already, so feel free to test and report any issues or glitches.

Cheers,
Sven
geomap.png

Fabrice Le Dorze

Dec 28, 2016, 6:59:46 AM12/28/16
to Thruk
Hi Sven.

I'm looking for a map solution where user cam zoom/navigate in the map, which  is note the case with NagVis Geomap.
That is why I'm looking at Thruk Geomap.
The problem is that I don't see how to feed a host list with their GPS coordinates, just like we can do with NagVIS Geomap. Because create hosts manually on the map is not a way.
Thx

Sven Nierlein

Dec 28, 2016, 7:03:17 AM12/28/16
to th...@googlegroups.com
On 28/12/16 12:59, Fabrice Le Dorze wrote:
> Hi Sven.
>
> I'm looking for a map solution where user cam zoom/navigate in the map, which is note the case with NagVis Geomap.
> That is why I'm looking at Thruk Geomap.
> The problem is that I don't see how to feed a host list with their GPS coordinates, just like we can do with NagVIS Geomap. Because create hosts manually on the map is not a way.
> Thx

You might want to look into scripted dashboards: https://thruk.org/documentation/dashboard_scripted.html

Cheers,
Sven