Global Thrivability / what do you know about them?

Peter+Trudy Johnson-Lenz

Mar 29, 2010, 9:59:16 PM3/29/10
to thriva...@googlegroups.com

from http://thrivability.ning.com/:

Global Thrivability was created on June 5 at the Global Forum for Business as Agent for World Benefit conference. A vision for thrivability emerged as a framework for a new theory of the firm in the age of sustainability.

All are welcome and invited to join the Thrivalution!

Also join the
Thrivalution on Facebook.

Thrivability envisions an actionable transcendence of sustainability as a motivator for change. If we only aim for sustainability, we strive to reach a baseline we all should have reached long ago. How might we recreate a thriving future with possibility for all?

We advocate stewardship for a thriving world, inclusive, equitable, and generative for the natural environment and all human societies that live interdependently today and for eons to come. This is a peaceful movement, a Thrivalution, giving life, care, abundance, and enhancing human and natural wellbeing.

We know a few others have coined the term before, but its time to mint and spread those coins. The idea dawned on our table of 8 without even knowing the word had existed, so maybe the theme wants to be free. Join us on this social network, and help spread the Thrivalution.

Peter+Trudy Johnson-Lenz
333 S State St, V233
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
503.635.2615
johnson-lenz.com

Pathfinding partners exploring social innovations for smarter futures

jean russell

Mar 29, 2010, 10:51:32 PM3/29/10
to thriva...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for asking Peter and Trudy.

My handy dandy google alert found them in July...right after they launched the group. There is also a ning group called Intersect where someone "discovered" the term. I joined that one. :) And encouraged them to continue sharing.

I was talking with one of the guys from the thrivability.ning.com group today. His twitter handle is @redesign. His name is Peter Jones

Here is his response:

Jean – yes I did see this when announced – it’s quite lovely, an inspiring work indeed. I’m sorry our group was unable to pull anything together in time, but I think the message and opportunity got lost between “groups.” We have one person in the original project team, Susan Cavanagh, who does interviews with Kosmos authors (Hazel Henderson, Peter Senge, Jean Houston, Riane Eisler).  Susan would have been a great fit for your collection.

The rest of the group associates thrivability as an operating concept aligned with new business thinking, and may not have been a great fit for this issue. They want to create a new model for the business firm, which involves thriving as sustainable wealth creation, community economics, supplier partner networks, coopetition and so on.

There’s certainly room for these to verge later on as well. You might consider sharing this with the Integral Leadership Review, who I’ve published with.  http://www.integralleadershipreview.com/index.php

Take care, Peter

Warmly,
Jean

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to thrivability+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Jean Russell
312.725.2171

"Act always as if the future of the universe depended on what you did, while laughing at yourself for thinking that whatever you do makes any difference." -- Buddha

steve crandall

Mar 29, 2010, 11:08:29 PM3/29/10
to thriva...@googlegroups.com
This was the first time I heard about the Trivability Institute, which is linked on the ning page.   They support some *really* weird pseudoscience.  A sure way to damage credibility.  It is useful to focus on areas of expertise and real grounding.

On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:51 PM, jean russell wrote:

[...]

<Mail Attachment.jpeg>