Lasagna Spinach Rollups

Marya

Sep 3, 2008, 5:37:10 PM9/3/08
to Thrifty Kitchen Forum
I made the Lasagna Spinach rollups last night (still finishing up last
week's menus). Overall very good - my husband and I both really liked
it.

I did modify it:
I added a package of browned ground turkey to the cheese mixture. I
think added the meat balanced out the cheese and spinach well, so
nothing was too strong.

Because I had so much meat, I doubled the recipe for cheese and
spinach (for 2 serving) and did about 12 lasagna noodles. It ended up
filling a 9x12 baking pan perfectly (so we had plenty for leftovers),
and I still had about 1/3 or the filling mixture leftover, which I put
in the freezer for another night.

Lisa (TK)

Sep 4, 2008, 1:11:11 PM9/4/08
to Thrifty Kitchen Forum
Marya - this sounds like a great idea. I think I would even make some
rolls with spinach & some with turkey & some with both to make
everyone happy. I think my husband would like these for leftovers to
take for lunch. I haven't gotten to this recipe yet - we too are
behind due to the giant ham that needed to be eaten and then was
turned into split pea soup for another night. Much more room in the
freezer now!

Lisa