Sam the Cooking Guy

JodySa...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2008, 2:53:05 PM9/2/08
to Thrifty Kitchen Forum
Do you ever use any recipes from Sam the Cooking Guy. I caught a few
of his shows on the Discovery Health network and thought he always
had great recipes.
Message has been deleted

Michelle Bacon

Sep 2, 2008, 8:27:45 PM9/2/08
to thrifty-ki...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of,

Ironically today is my birthday and my sister sent me some cookbooks and they are from Sandra Lee and one of them is called 20 minutes meals ( on the double busy-day dinners that taste like they're made from scratch).

All the recipes in her recipes take about 6 ingredients which makes them very user friendly too!

Maybe I'll submit some and we can 'try' each others favorite recipes and then when the ingredients come on sale, Lisa can incorporate them.

Sorry Lisa if I just made more work for you but wouldn't it be great to have a mini collection of tried and true recipes for the on the go family with a great shopping price?

Andrea Aguilar

Sep 3, 2008, 12:05:13 PM9/3/08
to thrifty-ki...@googlegroups.com
Hi gang!

Last night I made the Pasta Pomodoro, while it was very tasty my girls felt it was not much different than Spaghetti. It had a sweeter taste, and I left it on simmer for quite awhile, so the sauce was pretty thick. But I actually loved the meal! Just wondered if anyone else had made it yet, and what their family's reaction to it was..

Andrea

Lisa (TK)

Sep 4, 2008, 1:16:58 PM9/4/08
to Thrifty Kitchen Forum
Jody - I really like the idea of "tried and true" recipes - I have
been thinking along similar lines with adding at least one "classic"
meal per week such as spaghetti, fried chicken, etc. that is familiar
and pretty much everyone likes. Having new stuff often is fun, but I
know the kids would appreciate seeing some old favorites more often.
There's just so many directions TK could go - exciting but
overwhelming too!

Lisa

On Sep 2, 5:27 pm, "Michelle Bacon" <mngba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of,
>
> Ironically today is my birthday and my sister sent me some cookbooks and
> they are from Sandra Lee and one of them is called 20 minutes meals ( on the
> double busy-day dinners that taste like they're made from scratch).
>
> All the recipes in her recipes take about 6 ingredients which makes them
> very user friendly too!
>
> Maybe I'll submit some and we can 'try' each others favorite recipes and
> then when the ingredients come on sale, Lisa can incorporate them.
>
> Sorry Lisa if I just made more work for you but wouldn't it be great to have
> a mini collection of tried and true recipes for the on the go family with a
> great shopping price?
>
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM, JodySandb...@gmail.com <
>
> JodySandb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you ever use any recipes from Sam the Cooking Guy.  I caught a few
> > of his shows on the Discovery Health network and thought he  always
> > had great recipes.
>
> --
> Gary and Michelle Bacon
> mngba...@gmail.com

JodySa...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2008, 7:56:42 PM9/4/08
to Thrifty Kitchen Forum
I used my own recipe instead,w hich is a knock-off of the Olive Garden
Cappellini Pomodoro.

Serves/Makes: 4

Ingredients:
2 cloves Garlic -- minced
2 pounds Plum tomatoes; seeded -- diced
1 ounce Fresh basil leaves -- minced
1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
3 ounces Parmesan cheese
12 ounces Dry angel hair pasta -- cooked
1/4 teaspoon Pepper

Directions:

Heat olive oil and add garlic; cook until it turns white. Add tomatoes
and pepper and heat through, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3
minutes. Tomatoes should not lose their shape. Remove from heat.

Transfer hot, cooked pasta to large bowl. Toss pasta gently with
tomato mixture, basil and half of Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately
and pass remaining Parmesan.

On Sep 3, 9:05 am, "Andrea Aguilar" <muffinm...@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi gang!
>
> Last night I made the Pasta Pomodoro, while it was very tasty my girls felt it was not much different than Spaghetti. It had a sweeter taste, and I left it on simmer for quite awhile, so the sauce was pretty thick. But I actually loved the meal! Just wondered if anyone else had made it yet, and what their family's reaction to it was..
>
> Andrea

Michelle Bacon

Sep 5, 2008, 10:56:54 AM9/5/08
to thrifty-ki...@googlegroups.com
Funny, I had made the meal too and found it pretty bland.  My children Loved it and I put mozeralla cheese on top and the LOVED it.

My husband and are a getting over spaghetti so I could just assume take anything like this off for a while.

Lisa Leete

Sep 5, 2008, 11:03:21 AM9/5/08
to thrifty-ki...@googlegroups.com

We had this last night as well & I thought it was pretty tasty – I like that it was lighter than typical spaghetti with meat sauce.  The kids ate it with gusto after putting parmesan cheese on top.

I had planned to cook the roast chicken, but cut open the chicken bag & found that the chicken had gone BAD even though it was still within its “purchase by” date.  Luckily today is trash day…

And let me just take a moment to thank you all for all your posts!!  It is so helpful to me to hear this feedback, plus a lot of fun.  You guys rock!

Lisa

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM, JodySa...@gmail.com <JodySa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Do you ever use any recipes from Sam the Cooking Guy.  I caught a few
of his shows on the Discovery Health network and thought he  always

had great recipes. <br