Into the Fray - Basic Info

Peter van Dyk

Sep 29, 2014, 3:36:02 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Hi All just a note to remind you all that the 2014 Into the Fray Tournament is coming up in 2 months time on the weekend of the 29th and 30th of November!

the tournament will be run out of our 3+ Club Venue at the Roosevelt Park Bowls Club in Northcliff.

We'll be running tournaments for a number of different systems to cater to all tastes, so I hope to see you all attending :)

A basic schedule for the weekend:

Saturday

·         40k - Day 1/2 (1500 points)

·         Flames of War - Day 1/2 (size tbc)

·         WFB (1000 points)

·         40k - 4th Edition Tournament (1500 points)

Sunday:

·         40k - Day 2/2

·         Flames of War - Day 2/2

·         Warmachine/Hordes (size tbc)

·         X-wing (100 points)

Please reply to this Mail to let me know if you'd be interested in attending, and for what system/systems.

I look forward to seeing you all there :P

Cheers

Pete

Quintin Hoare

Sep 29, 2014, 5:06:17 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete

I would be interested in playing in the Flames Of War System.

Regards
Quintin

Thomas Huang

Sep 29, 2014, 5:13:26 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pete

I am interested in FOW

Thomas Huang

Sep 29, 2014, 5:18:36 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Sorry Pete, please remove me from the list. Just realised I have to run a stall on the same weekend at Geekfest T_T

On 29 Sep 2014 09:36, "Peter van Dyk" <plxv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Peter van Dyk

Sep 29, 2014, 5:48:01 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Geekfest? Sigh – that was supposed to be in frikken August L those guys at warzone really suck at organising L they failed to correctly schedule all three of their annual events if that’s the case L

Peter van Dyk

Publisher

Modern Media Publishing

Mobile: +27 82 555 9611

Office: +27 11 326 4171

E-mail: pe...@modernmedia.co.za

Matthew Putter

Sep 29, 2014, 5:49:55 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Are you surprised? -_-

Regards,

Matthew J Putter

IT, Sales & Advertising

Sub-Saharan Africa

SOUNDCOM

Office   : +27 (0) 11 839 4451

Fax        : +27 (0) 86 671 4637

www.soundcom.co.za

15 Lepus Road             P.O.Box 1842

Crown Extension       Southdale

Johannesburg              2135

South-Africa

*                   SOUNDCOM

 cid:image002.jpg@01CBDCA5.31AC4880

Thomas Huang

Sep 29, 2014, 5:50:56 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Yeh, unfortunately I have booked a stall there to sell games, it will also be our first event. :-\

Peter van Dyk

Sep 29, 2014, 5:53:56 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Sigh. Well colour me unimpressed as now they’re competing for audience with ITF. And they’ve known the date of ITF since February!

image001.gif
image002.jpg

Thomas Huang

Sep 29, 2014, 5:57:06 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

I doubted if they have wargaming events there though.

Plenty of cosplay girls at the scene as far as I know :-P

Matthew Putter

Sep 29, 2014, 6:03:56 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Ya but it still screws with the attendance at our event.

Also can’t we switch WFB and Warmachine? Warmachine is always on Sunday, I think It’d be more fair if it changed each year.

Regards,

Matthew J Putter

IT, Sales & Advertising

Sub-Saharan Africa

SOUNDCOM

Office   : +27 (0) 11 839 4451

Fax        : +27 (0) 86 671 4637

www.soundcom.co.za

15 Lepus Road             P.O.Box 1842

Crown Extension       Southdale

Johannesburg              2135

South-Africa

*                   SOUNDCOM

 cid:image002.jpg@01CBDCA5.31AC4880

neil wood

Sep 29, 2014, 6:13:38 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys

Geekfest is not linked to Warzone in any way i am not sure who runs it. Warzone only really had one event that they rescheduled 2 or 3 times.

Peter van Dyk

Sep 29, 2014, 6:15:15 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

It does indeed screw with our attendance.

Anyway, if we were to swap warmachine and fantasy, we’d also need to swap x-wing to the Saturday... as that needs to feed off of some of the fantasy player base... totally possible though... let’s see how the flow goes and decide when we put out the main schedules.

image001.gif
image002.jpg
image003.jpg

neil wood

Sep 29, 2014, 6:16:58 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

It makes no sense as enter the fray had bern scheduled at this time for months and geekfest changes their weekend to yours

mathew....@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 6:17:47 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
I declare shenanigans!!!!

Everybody grab a broom.

From: neil wood <neil...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:13:36 +0200

Peter van Dyk

Sep 29, 2014, 6:19:42 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to have snapped originally Neil, it’s just really annoying to have an event that’s been pre-planned for 8 months get opposed by another event just because someone felt like it... especially after having laid out an annual schedule at the start of the year between all the clubs L

I did go and do the research and find out it’s run by the Dark Carnival guys – just had them on my calendar as running an August event at Warzone so made an assumption accordingly.

I’ll get over the annoyance, have no fear J

image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg

Peter van Dyk

Sep 29, 2014, 6:22:03 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

Well – it’s now set to be that way, so we’re just stuck competing... sucks to be both of the events as neither will get optimal coverage, accordingly.

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image004.jpg

neil wood

Sep 29, 2014, 6:23:48 AM9/29/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com

I agree with the annyonance as they had the calendar but changed and messed up other events. Everyone made plans at the beginning of the year to prevent clashes. Warzone first dropped the ball but it only effected them but geekfest is hurting other clubs