Optimizing many drop targets

Martin Makundi

May 9, 2014, 9:22:25 PM5/9/14
to threed...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

We have a problem, we have a large table and each table cell is a drop target.

We already used the optimization

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/threedubmedia/YaBi-Cm_QFc/jAPOdyyeKFoJ

to optimize the draggable. I.e., we only have one drag handler for the whole table.

However, after ajax update the drop handling slows down (from couple of ms to couple of seconds).

We are trying to do the same with drop handler: have a single drop handler for the whole table and simply move the drop landing indicator from one cell to another as the mouse moves along.

However, our problem is that while the mouse is over the single drop handler, the landing target does not change. It updates only by moving mouse outside table and back over table again. How can we get the target to update according to the nested landing areas?

**
Martin