XCode 4 install steps ?

Jan C.

Feb 27, 2012, 3:14:30 AM2/27/12
to Three20
Hi,
Are those steps meant to work in XCode 4 ?

http://three20.info/article/2010-10-06-Adding-Three20-To-Your-Project

I'm trying to follow them but they do not match what I see in XCode.

The python script also does not work:

python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p MyProj.xcodeproj Three20
ERROR:root:Unable to open the project file at this path (is it
readable?): /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/myProj/three20/src/
myProj.xcodeproj/myProj.xcodeproj.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
ERROR:root:Unable to open the project file at this path (is it
readable?): /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/myProj/three20/src/
myProj.xcodeproj/myProj.xcodeproj.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
ERROR:root:Failed to get dependencies. Check the error logs for more
details.

thanks,
jan

Brett

Feb 27, 2012, 5:23:56 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
You need to specify the full path to the MyProj.xcodeproj project file.

The command you are running there is trying to find it within the
"/Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/myProj/three20/src/" folder
which is obviously wrong.

so:
python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p
<full\path\to\your\project\>MyProj.xcodeproj Three20

> --
> To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Jan C.

Feb 27, 2012, 6:18:32 AM2/27/12
to Three20

Now I get this:

python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p /Users/myUser/xworkspace/
myProj/myProj.xcodeproj/ Three20
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your
target at: /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/myProj/three20/src/
Three20/Three20.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your
target at: /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/myProj/three20/src/
Three20/Three20.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
Failed to get dependencies; it's possible that the given target
doesn't exist.
> > To learn more about Three20, check outhttp://three20.info

Brett

Feb 27, 2012, 6:23:19 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
hrmm, try without the trailing slash?

python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p
/Users/myUser/xworkspace/myProj/myProj.xcodeproj Three20

> To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Jan C.

Feb 27, 2012, 6:25:05 AM2/27/12
to Three20
same error message

Brett

Feb 27, 2012, 6:27:33 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure your project is located in that folder?
/Users/myUser/xworkspace/myProj/myProj.xcodeproj

The errors are saying it cannot find the project file you have specified.

> To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Jan C.

Feb 27, 2012, 6:32:41 AM2/27/12
to Three20
ls -al /Users/myUser/xworkspace/myProj/myProj.xcodeproj/
total 64
drwxrwxr-x   5 myUser  staff    170 Feb 27 12:22 .
drwxrwxr-x  10 myUser  staff    340 Feb 27 08:49 ..
-rwxr-xr-x   1 myUser  staff  31607 Feb 27 12:22 project.pbxproj
drwxrwxr-x   4 myUser  staff    136 Feb 24 09:01 project.xcworkspace
drwxrwxr-x   3 myUser  staff    102 Feb 24 09:01 xcuserdata

Could it be a problem with symbolic links ? My xworkspace is a sym
link to a secondary hard disk

Brett

Feb 27, 2012, 6:36:39 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Could be, the path you are passing in seems to be resolving to

/Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/ according to the error messages.

Where does the Data/Documents come from?

> To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Message has been deleted

Brett

Feb 27, 2012, 6:48:05 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
nps, I went through the exact same issues when I first tried Three20.
It's a steep learning curve and the learning doesn't stop. haha

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Jan C. <jan.cha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> /Users/myUser/Data  is a mount point of the secondary disk.
>
> I've just tried using only paths without sym links but it's the same.
> I will try with another dummy project to see if it works there.
>
> thanks for helping me btw

Jan C.

Feb 27, 2012, 8:19:17 AM2/27/12
to Three20
No luck trying it with a freshly created project

myUser@myUser ~/Data/Documents/xworkspace/TTTest $ python three20/src/
scripts/ttmodule.py -p /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/TTTest/
TTTest.xcodeproj Three20
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your
target at: /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/TTTest/three20/src/
Three20/Three20.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your
target at: /Users/myUser/Data/Documents/xworkspace/TTTest/three20/src/
Three20/Three20.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
Failed to get dependencies; it's possible that the given target
doesn't exist.

Btw, I'm using the 1.0.6.2 version

Mahbub Prottoy

Feb 27, 2012, 9:55:53 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I faced lot of these problems too. This solved my problem.

I cloned the three20 project folder from github to the same folder my XCODE project folder was.  And running that python script did the trick.

Thanks,
Prottoy.

Mahbub Prottoy

Feb 27, 2012, 10:00:46 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Try this-

myUser@myUser ~/Data/Documents/xworkspace/TTTest python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p TTTest/TTTest.xcodeproj Three20 --xcode-version=4

Assuming there is a folder named TTTest and three20 inside a folder which is named TTTest.

Hope this helps.

Prottoy

Justin Bolter

Feb 27, 2012, 11:40:37 AM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Version=4 should help. This link to the Xcode 4 transition guide for three20 might help also...

--
To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Jan C.

Feb 27, 2012, 1:56:24 PM2/27/12
to Three20
So I've created a new dummy empty project in /private/tmp/ checked out
three20 (git clone git://github.com/facebook/three20.git)

The current directory has this content :

myUser@myUser /private/tmp/TTTest $ ls -al
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 7 myUser wheel 238 Feb 27 19:54 .
drwxrwxrwt 28 root wheel 952 Feb 27 19:50 ..
-rw-r--r--@ 1 myUser wheel 6148 Feb 27 19:49 .DS_Store
drwxr-xr-x 13 myUser wheel 442 Feb 27 19:49 .git
drwxr-xr-x 10 myUser wheel 340 Feb 27 19:49 TTTest
drwxr-xr-x 5 myUser wheel 170 Feb 27 19:49 TTTest.xcodeproj
drwxr-xr-x 16 myUser wheel 544 Feb 27 19:49 three20
myUser@myUser /private/tmp/TTTest $

Then I run the script but get again the error:

python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p /private/tmp/TTTest/
TTTest.xcodeproj Three20 --xcode-version=4
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your
target at: /private/tmp/TTTest/three20/src/Three20/Three20.xcodeproj/
project.pbxproj

On Feb 27, 5:40 pm, Justin Bolter <jbol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Version=4 should help. This link to the Xcode 4 transition guide for
> three20 might help also...
>
> http://three20.info/article/2011-03-10-Xcode4-Support
>
> On Feb 27, 2012, at 7:01 AM, Mahbub Prottoy <prottoy2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Try this-
>
> myUser@myUser ~/Data/Documents/xworkspace/TTTest $ python
> three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p TTTest/TTTest.xcodeproj Three20
> --xcode-version=4
>
> Assuming there is a folder named TTTest and three20 inside a folder which
> is named TTTest.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Prottoy
>
> --
> To learn more about Three20, check outhttp://three20.info

Brett

Feb 27, 2012, 5:09:45 PM2/27/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've just done it myself and it works fine for me. Steps as follows:
I have all my iPhone development in /Users/brett/develop/iPhone/

Under that directory I have the three20 folder (checked out from github)

I created a new XCode project, and saved it as "test" in the
/Users/brett/develop/iPhone directory.

So my folder setup looks like this.

/Users/brett/develop/iPhone/three20
/Users/brett/develop/iPhone/test

From within the /Users/brett/develop/iPhone folder, i run the following command
python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p
/Users/brett/develop/iPhone/test/test.xcodeproj Three20
--xcode-version=4

Command runs, no output is displayed in the terminal but when I open
the Xcode project I can see that Three20 has been added.

I'm really not sure why its not working for you. Your paths seem to
get jumbled up though.

> To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Jan C.

Feb 29, 2012, 2:44:31 AM2/29/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So I put my dummy project on bitbucket and here are the steps I do

mkdir workspaceTMP
cd workspaceTMP

git clone git://github.com/facebook/three20.git

ls -al
total 16
drwxr-xr-x   5 jan  staff   170 Feb 29 08:38 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 73 jan  staff  2482 Feb 29 08:34 ..
drwxr-xr-x  16 jan  staff   544 Feb 29 08:40 three20
drwxr-xr-x   5 jan  staff   170 Feb 29 08:15 tttest

python three20/src/scripts/ttmodule.py -p /Users/jan/workspaceTMP/tttest/TTTest.xcodeproj Three20 --xcode-version=4
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your target at: /Users/jan/workspaceTMP/tttest/TTTest.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
ERROR:root:Can't recover: Unable to find the build phases from your target at: /Users/jan/workspaceTMP/tttest/TTTest.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj
ERROR:root:Failed to get dependencies. Check the error logs for more details.

Could you please also  try that ?

thanks,
Jan

On Monday, February 27, 2012 11:09:45 PM UTC+1, Brett wrote:
Hi,

I've just done it myself and it works fine for me. Steps as follows:
I have all my iPhone development in /Users/brett/develop/iPhone/

Under that directory I have the three20 folder (checked out from github)

I created a new XCode project, and saved it as "test" in the
/Users/brett/develop/iPhone directory.

So my folder setup looks like this.

/Users/brett/develop/iPhone/three20
/Users/brett/develop/iPhone/test